Round The Desks

Old Jan 4, 2002, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
Round The Desks

Recently I had this funny experience trying to change the dates on my OWE RTW ticket. On ringing EXP desk, and telling I wanted to change the dates of my travel, without any explanation I was asked to hold and put to RTW desk to join the regular queue. It took 20 minutes but I thought the EXP desk agents handled everything under the earth. This happened twice. Any body else had the same experience?
Old Jan 4, 2002, 7:50 pm

I had the same experience. Only the RTW desk can handle matters pertaining to a RTW ticket. EXP desk can't touch it. Also applies to tickets booked by the promotions desk such as senior coupons.
Old Jan 4, 2002, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
yes, only RTW desk can do anything regarding RTW reservations.

just curious:
1. what if you call during the time RTW desk is closed?
2. had anyone had a reservation by CX/BA and called EXP desk for changes?

[This message has been edited by pegasus8228 (edited 01-05-2002).]
Old Jan 5, 2002, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pegasus8228:
yes, only RTW desk can do anything regarding RTW reservations.

just curious:
1. what is you call in the time RTW desk is closed?
2. had anyone had a reservation by CX/BA and called EXP desk for changes?
</font>
RTW desk was open and luckily Jeannie answered
It was a CX reservation made thro AA EXP desk.
Just to make it more confusing: Another AAngel finished my reservation change at EXP desk on CX without referring me to RTW desk. They can do it if they WANT to.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 10:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pegasus8228:
1. what if you call during the time RTW desk is closed?
</font>
Regional AA offices like Tokyo and Hong Kong or Bangkok can change dates, don't they?

I am fairly certain for RTW, you can also ask your travel agent to make a booking, too.

Since I have access to JL's system, I usually make a booking myself, cancel and change dates whenever I want... so long as JL's system is not down. It's a CX-stock ticket.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 10:43 pm

I asked when I first hit EXP (mid-December 2001) and they said yes, they could handle RTW tickets.

I felt, however, that there was someone just off of the line (say a supervisor or a trainer) giving answers to the actual agent.

Could've been wrong but after working call centers in college...well.....

Flake

------------------
Travel light, travel cheap, travel often

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.