Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by teamaniston
Thank you. There is an outbound connection 30 mins after we land in ORD which is no where near enough time for customs clearance and gate change. (Hope that isn't considered "legal")

I appreciate your prompt reply. Oh, my eticket also says cathay baggage rules apply all the way to TvC.
30 minutes would be nowhere near minimum connection time...

If the ticket says that, then you should be fine. Does not matter what rules AA has.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Btw, I just noticed following section on oneworld.com, I am pretty sure only Emerald privileges had been there before: http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/sapphire-privileges

Would mean an improvement for OWS ^

Sapphire privileges
As a frequent flyer member of one of the oneworld® member airlines, you earn miles and points towards your tier status every time you travel on an eligible flight.

Extra baggage allowance*

As a Sapphire frequent flyer the following special baggage privileges will apply when you fly on oneworld airlines.
On international or domestic itineraries using the baggage allowance "weight" system you receive 15 kgs in addition to the ticketed Economy allowance.
On international itineraries (including domestic sectors flown as part of international itineraries) using the baggage allowance "piece" system, you will receive a second bag, weighing up to 23 kgs, when the ticketed allowance is one bag.
On domestic itineraries only with flights using the baggage allowance "piece" system, you are guaranteed at least one piece of checked baggage, weighing up to 23 kgs, even when the regular ticketed allowance has no free allowance.
Customers travelling in First and Business Class cabins will in most cases receive an even greater free checked baggage allowance.
*This benefit is not available on British Airways 'Hand Baggage Only' fares on select short-haul routes.
*For domestic routes operated by LAN Airlines, Sapphire cardholders may check in up to two bags with a combined weight not exceeding 23 kgs.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: American, United, Alaska, IHG Gold, Amtrak
Currently holding an awards ticket MCO-JFK_LHR in F/CW at the end of Jan. Looking to upgrade to F either via JFK or IAD.. I've head great things about the CCR in JFK and also the Lounge in IAD.. Any frequent One world folks that have tried the CCR in JFK recently and the new IAD lounge since it opened in Oct.?

Last edited by 4jaded; Dec 15, 2014 at 4:37 pm Reason: delete please I chose my booking
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: US Silver
Earning US Miles on QF

Posting on behalf of my wife, who is US Chairman's Preferred. She's in the middle of an itinerary that is PHL-LAX-BNE-SYD-DFW-ORD.

Miles just posted for LAX-BNE for a QF flight, and (because of her fare class "Q," I assume), she received 1,721 miles for this 7,163-mile flight (plus her 100% bonus of course). Something similar happened last time she flew LAX-BNE (I think it was 50% of the miles), but she thought they had it figured out this time. We're still incredulous that she could earn more flying PHL-LAX.

Looking at the rest of her itinerary, our questions are:

1. How many miles (if any) will she receive for the QF flight BNE-SYD (QF 525, fare class "M") which connects her to the international flight back to the US?
2. How many miles should she receive for the QF flight SYD-DFW (QF 7, fare class "M")? (Last time she got full mileage for this flight, but it looks like she was on the AA codeshare for same flight - screwed this time?!?)
3. The DFW-ORD flight looks also to be operated by QF (QF 4445, fare class "M") - how is her mileage determined for this one?
4. Finally, if the answer to #2 is that she could get full mileage on the AA codeshare but only 25% through the QF flight, is there anything that can be done to change?!?

I'm sure these are the rantings of a newbie, but before the merger, it always seemed as simple as "miles are miles," especially with her Chairman's status.

Thanks for advice.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbwiles
Posting on behalf of my wife, who is US Chairman's Preferred. She's in the middle of an itinerary that is PHL-LAX-BNE-SYD-DFW-ORD.

Miles just posted for LAX-BNE for a QF flight, and (because of her fare class "Q," I assume), she received 1,721 miles for this 7,163-mile flight (plus her 100% bonus of course). Something similar happened last time she flew LAX-BNE (I think it was 50% of the miles), but she thought they had it figured out this time. We're still incredulous that she could earn more flying PHL-LAX.

Looking at the rest of her itinerary, our questions are:
1. How many miles (if any) will she receive for the QF flight BNE-SYD (QF 525, fare class "M") which connects her to the international flight back to the US?
2. How many miles should she receive for the QF flight SYD-DFW (QF 7, fare class "M")? (Last time she got full mileage for this flight, but it looks like she was on the AA codeshare for same flight - screwed this time?)
3. The DFW-ORD flight looks also to be operated by QF (QF 4445, fare class "M") - how is her mileage determined for this one?
4. Finally, if the answer to #2 is that she could get full mileage on the AA codeshare but only 25% through the QF flight, is there anything that can be done to change?
Will be as here http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...asAirways.html M is 50%. If the fare class is not listed nil miles. QF does have E class fares which are nil earning with AA/US.

On eligible fares you will always get the same or more AA/US ff miles flying a AA or US marketed flight compared to QF a marketed flight
QF as the marketing carrier buys miles from US DM to award(bribe) you for flying a Qantas marketed flight.
In OneWorld alliance the marketing carrier determines miles earned
In Star alliance the operating carrier determines miles earned

QF4445 (marketed) is a code share on AA 2319 (operator). So this condition may apply: She may or may not get miles.
Earn miles when you fly on Qantas marketed and operated flights for travel on an eligible published fare ticket. Miles are also earned on Qantas codeshare flights operated by US Airways

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Dec 7, 2014 at 1:46 pm
Old Dec 7, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: US Silver
So as I suspected then, and nothing to be done. Thank you for taking the time to reply!
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
airpass cost

Hi I searched the oneworld forum and am looking for more information on the OW Airpass ( specifically the Australia one) . I can't find anywhere on the web that has a price ( or even more info about it)!

the oneworld site is maddeningly vague:

http://www.oneworld.com/flights/sing...ia-new-zealand

the only links connect to the contact info for each airline, does anyone know more?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
Originally Posted by Sunburn644
Hi I searched the oneworld forum and am looking for more information on the OW Airpass ( specifically the Australia one) . I can't find anywhere on the web that has a price ( or even more info about it)!

the oneworld site is maddeningly vague:

http://www.oneworld.com/flights/sing...ia-new-zealand

the only links connect to the contact info for each airline, does anyone know more?
Seems I'm acutally going to have to call:

http://thepointsguy.com/2014/07/usin...tional-travel/

Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:14 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Sunburn644
Seems I'm acutally going to have to call:

http://thepointsguy.com/2014/07/usin...tional-travel/

Phone the AA RTW desk at (800) 247-3247.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Retain BA Silver Status - short eligible flights

Hi all
I hold BA Silver status and live in the US now. I am on track to make the 600TP threshold to retain Silver, however I have currently 0/4 eligible flights.

Does anyone have experience of BA being accommodating on this point?

I now have to book a PMO-NYC and have two options:
PMO-FCO VY
FCO-ORY VY
ORY-JFK BA

Would this give me 3/4 eligible flights?

or

PMO-FCO AZ
FCO-PHL US (C class)
PHL-JFK US

This would give me more TPs

What option do you think gives me the best shot to keep status for next year? Thanks all!

Additional info:
I flew a BA operated flight days before the last membership year ended so I could bring that up (?).
I almost surely won't have any other occasions to fly BA/IB until the end of the membership year.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
I am AA EXP with AC membership and will by flying domestically within Brazil on TAM (GRU-REC). Will I be able to utilize the lounge in Terminal 3 at GRU?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by thechopper
Hi all
I hold BA Silver status and live in the US now. I am on track to make the 600TP threshold to retain Silver, however I have currently 0/4 eligible flights.

Does anyone have experience of BA being accommodating on this point?

I now have to book a PMO-NYC and have two options:
PMO-FCO VY
FCO-ORY VY
ORY-JFK BA

Would this give me 3/4 eligible flights?

It will be only 1/4.

or

PMO-FCO AZ
FCO-PHL US (C class)
PHL-JFK US

This would give me more TPs

What option do you think gives me the best shot to keep status for next year? Thanks all!

Additional info:
I flew a BA operated flight days before the last membership year ended so I could bring that up (?).
I almost surely won't have any other occasions to fly BA/IB until the end of the membership year.
I am afraid you are out of luck, you will need the 4 flights to maintain BA Silver. Anything in previous years does not count.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Currently looking at OW TATL trip in Business Class on BA A380 and AA 77W. Good idea or are there better options with regard to what you get in C?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
If I was a OW Sapphire (MH) and flying on AA, can I register my MH FFP during booking to get the baggage benefits (and whatever else there is) then at a OW Lounge change my FFP number to CX to earn mileage?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by lcpteck
If I was a OW Sapphire (MH) and flying on AA, can I register my MH FFP during booking to get the baggage benefits (and whatever else there is) then at a OW Lounge change my FFP number to CX to earn mileage?
Normally, yes.
Some agents/airlines may try to claim you aren't allowed to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.