Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2024, 11:54 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by ademanuele
2,000 miles triggers 140 Tier Points (40 otherwise). Nice route, this would take it from a DONE4 to a DONE5 ticket, I think 59,306 miles will have do
It's a DONE4
South America instead of South West Pacific.
ademanuele likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pandaperth
It's a DONE4
Of course, this makes it an interesting alternative, thanks!
Old May 10, 2024, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by pandaperth
It's a DONE4
I guess this would count as two crossings of the Pacific?

OSL-DOH-JFK-AKL-JFK-LAX-SJO-LAX-HNL-NRT-SIN-NRT-BLR-HKG-LON-DOH-OSL
Old May 10, 2024, 12:19 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD

Yes.

ETA
Thinking a bit more - it's actually three crossings:
JFK-AKL;
AKL-JFK and
HNL-NRT
jerry a. laska and ademanuele like this.

Last edited by pandaperth; May 10, 2024 at 12:37 pm
Old May 10, 2024, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob

TC2-TC1-TC3-TC1-TC3-TC2 doesn't really comport with this basic requirement of an xonex ticket:
(a) Travel must be via the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans and only one crossing of each ocean is permitted.
(b) Travel must be in a continuous forward direction between TC1 - TC2 - TC3. Backtracking within a continent is permitted except as follows:
Backtracking between Hawaii and other points in North America is not permitted.
​​​​​​https://assets.ctfassets.net/m9ph4qv...d-explorer.pdf
Old May 12, 2024, 7:27 am

I think the answer is yes, but if you have a DONE with a number of BA flights that have an F cabin, can you use a BA Gold Upgrade Voucher (GUF1) to upgrade to BA F (on the BA flights where F is available)? If possible, I assume that I would have to buy the ticket from BA and start the journey in the UK?

I did ask this question on the BA forum but did not get any responses, apologies for reposting...
Old May 12, 2024, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I think the answer is yes, but if you have a DONE with a number of BA flights that have an F cabin, can you use a BA Gold Upgrade Voucher (GUF1) to upgrade to BA F (on the BA flights where F is available)? If possible, I assume that I would have to buy the ticket from BA and start the journey in the UK?

I did ask this question on the BA forum but did not get any responses, apologies for reposting...
Your question comes up every now and then mostly, as would be appropriate as it is a BA benefit, in the BA forum. If you look back in the Gold Upgrade thread you posted in you will see some discussion in March of this year asking the same. It has come up in previous years also. Generally, it should be possible to apply a GUF provided you book the DONEX on BA (125-) ticket stock; this may make your booking more expensive than some other booking options. I'm not sure why you would have to start the journey in the UK. That said, I don't really see people coming back to the BA GUF thread to say they were ever successful.
ademanuele likes this.
Old May 31, 2024, 9:31 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I am in love with the idea of a round the world One World ticket, but my brain is swooning just thinking about all the rules and restrictions and strategy involved. I would be happy to pay a commission to an agent or an expert to help me come up with a ticket.

Does such a person or outfit exist, and can anyone recommend a reputable one?
Old May 31, 2024, 10:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by edrags
I am in love with the idea of a round the world One World ticket, but my brain is swooning just thinking about all the rules and restrictions and strategy involved. I would be happy to pay a commission to an agent or an expert to help me come up with a ticket.

Any travel agent should be able to either do it themselves, or get guided by an airline on how to compose one. Id think you should be able to contact an airline also, but I have never tried this myself.

LcS
Old May 31, 2024, 10:08 pm

I am looking to do this in part to explore but also in part to tier point run (to pursue BA GGL)

So I am basically looking for someone who knows how to play the game
Old May 31, 2024, 10:33 pm

I am looking to do this in part to explore but also in part to tier point run (to pursue BA GGL)

So I am basically looking for someone who knows how to play the game
DM me. I can try to help
dvs7310 likes this.
Old May 31, 2024, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT

American Airlines 'Round-The-World Desk. 800-247-3247. And it's free, too, unlike travel agents.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2024, 12:37 am

We booked our first RTW this year and used one of the big travel companies, however, it is not easy to find agents who know the rules and are prepared to work with you. I started with a company that promotes itself on RTW trips but I can only assume it is simple RTW trips they are familiar with as they could not get their head around our route. Even with the travel agent I used, contacting their RTW team directly was not fruitful and it was only when I found an agent in one of their outlets who was prepared to read the rules and work with their RTW team that I had success. Having booked my first trip I am now a little more confident and already planning my next trip and will try going through AA directly next time. This forum is an excellent resource for you...
pandaperth likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2024, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If its BA specific the OP of this thread maybe be willing to assist, I assume for a fee?

GGL in one trip (requalifying)

As said, its not that hard to do for yourself including maximising the TPs if thats the goal, a bit more skill required at maximising the TPs at the lowest cost.

And this one off this forum.

Advice: Should I offer RTW Booking services?

Last edited by Alan T; Jun 1, 2024 at 2:29 am
Old Jun 1, 2024, 11:49 am

Thank you - this is massively useful and saved me a ton of time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.