Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nicole Cormier
Thanks Guys!
I will post in the correct forum next time
I have requested these 4 posts be moved to AC forum
As moderators are volunteers it may take a few days
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:49 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Nicole Cormier
Thanks Guys!
I will post in the correct forum next time
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
I have requested these 4 posts be moved to AC forum
As moderators are volunteers it may take a few days
As this is the newbie thread, I'm not inclined to move posts into new stand-alone threads on other boards. The OP has acknowledged that there are better places for the questions, so I'm leaving it at that.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Old May 9, 2018, 9:51 pm

Lounge question

I'm not exactly new to FT, but not sure where to look to find what lounges I'll have accces to at LHR under these circumstances:

Flying DFW to LHR American Airlines first class cabin around 1pm on a Saturday. I do not have any elite status with any airline. I would like to spend a few hours at Heathrow before heading into center of London. What lounges will I have access to? I've searched a little so it would seem I'd have access to Americans arrival lounge. But is that the only one? Others seem better but I can't tell if I'd have access just with an arrival ticket. Which is the best lounge option if there are more than one?

To complicate matters i will be traveling with a friend who is flying from Charlotte in the US on American economy but is an aadvantage Executive Platinum elite. Would we both have access to the same lounges.?

Most of what I've found online doesn't clearly state if I'd have access to the various lounges if I'm just arriving.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:14 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Outside America almost all airports separate have arrivals and departures areas. It is very rare to be able to access departure lounges on arrival, and that is the case at LHR. The only lounge you can access is the arrivals lounge. Your friend can also access it. The access rules seem pretty clear here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp
Old May 16, 2018, 7:27 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I think I am correct here -your only option is the AA arrivals lounge, landside at T3. You should both be able to get in. you based on class of your flight, your friend based on their AA status.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
What do people recommend for Frankfurt OneWorld lounge wise? Sapphire entrant here. I'm more interested in a good meal and a great Gin and Tonic
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:34 am

Anyone know if it's possible to un-credit miles and then re-credit to another FF program? Specifically, I am going to be 2 Qpoints short of QR Privilege Club Gold. (I know, I know, don't get me started.). I have a flight that I accidentally credited to AA a few months back, and if I could un-credit those miles from AAdvantage and then re-credit to QRPC, my status problem would be solved -- for the next 12 months at least. (Then I just need to get out of QRPC and into another OW program.)

Thanks for any help.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:42 pm

Do family or friends get any benefits for traveling with a OW emerald?

For example, if I was traveling with 3 friends, would they be able to check in with me in the priority line? Would I be able to select their seats if I booked all tickets? Airline is Cathay Pacific btw.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cl0aked

For example, if I was traveling with 3 friends, would they be able to check in with me in the priority line? Would I be able to select their seats if I booked all tickets? Airline is Cathay Pacific btw.
Will depend on the airline and if all people are on the same ticket/PNR.
If on separate tickets, benefits will not just move across because they are family/friends.

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/emerald-privileges
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
Originally Posted by cl0aked

For CX, check in together in priority line and with priority tag is no issue, and you can usually select their seats (standard ones) even if under separate tickets, but you have to call CX.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I've only done priority check-in and boarding on same ticket with my friend. Didn't know you can do this with 2 separate tickets.

I know lounge access doesn't matter (as long as oneworld airline).
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC, Mileage Plus, Aeroplan, SPG
Hi all - I was wondering if someone can explain to be what the Tier 1/ Tier 2 etc mean on the wheretocredit.com webpage?

For example:
https://www.wheretocredit.com/tap-portugal/j

For Air Canada - it is the same throughout for a J class ticket on TAP, however for Air China, the % fluctuate.

Would this be related to elite status? So Tier 1 for Air Canada = 25K Altitude or similarly for BAEC(example) = Bronze?

I had thought WtoC didn't include elite status tier bonuses...

Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aba_bab
Hi all - I was wondering if someone can explain to be what the Tier 1/ Tier 2 etc mean on the wheretocredit.com web page?

For example: https://www.wheretocredit.com/tap-portugal/j

For Air Canada - it is the same throughout for a J class ticket on TAP, however for Air China, the % fluctuate.

Would this be related to elite status? So Tier 1 for Air Canada = 25K Altitude or similarly for BAEC(example) = Bronze?

I had thought WtoC didn't include elite status tier bonuses...
Yes. The "tier level" refers to the status level of the ffp
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/my-oneworld-tier-status

Thread for this good tool----> Introducing wheretocredit.com
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC, Mileage Plus, Aeroplan, SPG
excellent- thanks! I was trying to find a forum exactly like that.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: Marco Polo, BA Executive club, SPG, Hyatt,
Hi I have a question about oneworld benefit, namely priority boarding, lounge access, etc.

If I belong to two OW airlines but one of its tier is higher than than the other (A>B), If I buy a ticket in B, can I use OW benefits that's entitled to be as a higher tier A customer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.