Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Australian ETA Visa application*

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:04 pm

Many thanks to Chewy3.
I donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by The Lurker
I'm in South Africa, so I went out and did a couple extra volunteer sessions with children from the townships here in Cape Town, and I dedicate my work to Guy Betsy!

I know the kids appreciated it, and I'd encourage anyone who comes to South Africa to consider taking an afternoon and touring or volunteering in the townships, its a heartwarming experience!

Thanks!
Thank you!

As its mentioned in the beginning of the thread, this free ETA service is not about the money but the intention of "Paying it Forward" - like the movie. If you have not seen the movie, go rent it!

Sometimes it can be something as simple as telling someone (like the cashier at the supermarket)..Ok, men should be cautious in doing this: Compliment them, that you like their hair, like their smile, thank them for doing a good job! They'll feel good about it and they might in turn do something nice for someone else later on!

Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:11 am

Programs: American Airlines-Executive Platinum
thanks

Hi just wanted to thank you for this great service and my fast forward is foster daughter in Honduras with Plan.
Again many thanks , sara
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Thanks for a great service. Made my donation to Remote Area Medical. The wonderful folks who provided that free medical clinic in the LA area a few months ago.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:03 am

ETA Australia

I am a first time user here. I am traveling to Australia next April and wonder if anyone knows if Air New Zealand accepts ETA. Also, I would like to know how to get the free ETA. My travel plans are from Canada through USA with an overnight in the US and then from LA to Aukland and on to Adelaide.

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
We (Guy Betsy & chewy3 ) would like to offer our services of processing Australian ETAs for free * to fellow FT members and friends.

You may be aware that the visas are generally charged (about US$20) by most airlines and other visa processing services including the Australian ETA site-www.eta.immi.gov.au, but we will not charge you.

May we suggest you "Pass it Forward" instead?

You may perhaps by making a donation to the local Humane Society, or some other charitable donation of your choice. Do something different. Its not about the money, but rather setting your intentions to do good, to make a difference ! ..

For example, do a good deed by doing something nice different for someone (a stranger perhaps).. or like buying a meal for the homeless guy on the street, offering to wash someone's car, or mow someone's lawn, or even hey, help your mum cleanout the fridge for her while she goes to a movie! Those deeds are going to go a long way!

And then please feel free to post your what you did or will be doing on this thread here so that others may feel motivated to do something similar.

The visas are valid one year from date of issue, are multiple entries with a validity of 3 months per entry. Visas normally processed are for vacation only and can only be processed for a select number of nationalities ^. Certain business visas may also be processed. See below *

================================================
^Visitor ETAs can only be processed for the following applicable passport holders:

USA, CANADA , BRUNEI, CHINA, HONGKONG, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, SINGAPORE, SOUTH KOREA, & THAILAND.

EUROPEAN UNION Passport Holders must apply for an 'eVisitor' pass themselves, which has no fee for this service. Please go this site: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/evisitor.htm

*If you're going to Australia for any sort of business related travel - ie conduct business meetings, give talks, lectures etc. (But you must NOT be PAID for your service*) .. you have to get a business ETA or eVisitor pass. Details are as follows:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/busin...ligibility.htm

*If you're going to be paid for your services, ie lectures, talks.. you must apply for a temporary work visa which must therefore be applied at your nearest Australian Embassy / High Commission.

All other passport holders must apply directly at the nearest Australian Embassy / High Commission / Consulate.

Please PM only ONE of us (at a time) and not to everyone just to cover your chances. Otherwise you'll delay the process! If you PM one of us and then couldn't wait and PMs someone else, please have the courtesy to PM the other that you don't need their services anymore. As this may seem like a free service, it does cost us in one way or another, ie. time, to do this. We would appreciate your time and patience and please do not rush us !

And please do NOT PM your passport info. Just PM us and we will get back to you with whatever info we need from you. Some people think that they're helping us by sending their passport info beforehand. But we'd like to say that PMs are not secure, and sometimes PMs disappear. Personally I'd like the passport info to be sent in a particular order so that I can read the information better.

Priroity will be given to current FT members with more than 10 posts!
The reason this condition has been put up is because people obviously have heard about this 'free' offer through online searches etc and they just join FT to take advantage of this. Then they don't come back !

FT is about community sharing.. and we would encourage people to post their travel intentions before taking advantage of this 'free' ETA application offer.

Thank you!
UPDATES: 5th OCT 2009

* Please note that only under extraordinary circumstances will we process ETAs within 3 days of travel. We ask that you give us as much time as possible. This is a free service and we're not checking on our PMs 24/7. Thx
Old Oct 13, 2009, 7:04 am

"pay it forward"

I look forward to receiving eta for my visit to Australia. I have donated to the Diabetes Association of Newfoundland and Labrador. Also the Cancer Association.

I am not sure exactly what I need to travel to Australia from Canada overnighting in the US and then to Aukland, but FT sure has a lot of information for travellers.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 9:45 am

What a great idea!

Thanks Guy Betsy - I look forward to receiving my ETA.

As my "pay it forward", I will donate to the "Give Girls a Headstart" programme at Oxfam Unwrapped. It's an education initiative that pays for "advocacy work to help governments, community leaders and parents understand the problem and the clothing, books and facilities girls need to get on in school – and the world."

Thanks again!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 7:20 am

Denver Rescue Mission received my "Pass it Forward". Thanks Guy Betsy for making the world a little better place.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 1:26 pm

Thankyou for the ETA's, Guy Betsy. When you look at "paying it forward", you stop and think, what have I done for someone today, and then it occurs to you to make a difference. Thankyou for making people realize that there are others who are needing assistance in everyday living, even if only a meal for someone in need.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 8:30 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Donation to local food bank.

Thank you for your generous offer. Will be "paying it forward" and make a nice donation to our local food bank.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 2:53 pm

Just a quick thank you to Guy Betsy! Appeciate your offer....Will be fosting a shelter/homeless dog in Guy Betsy's honor to pay it forward.

Great idea....Great service...Great guy! Thanks Guy Betsy!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Platiinum
Thanks for offering this service for the community. This is really a great idea! As my "Pay It Forward", I will donate to American Heart Association.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:54 am

Programs: AA EP
A big thank you to Guy Betsy!!!!! I am glad to pay it forward!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
Guy Betsy, you're the man! Thanks for the ETA's for my daughter and I. Our last ETa's expired a couple months ago.

The City of Hope here in Southern California https://secure.cityofhope.org/DONATE...lDonation.aspx saved my life almost 6 years ago. As a way to "Pay it Forward" for the ETA's you provided, Guy Betsy, I have increased my annual donation to the City of Hope substantially! This increase is earmarked for Breast Cancer Research and Prostate Cancer detection programs.

Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:49 pm

Thanks Guy Betsy. I look forward to receiving my ETA. I found your generous offer when I was browsing Australia traveling information in Flyertalk.com. As my "Pay it
Forward", we will donate clothes and cash to United Cancer Research Society and donate food to our local charity drive.

Thank You!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.