Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Australian ETA Visa application*

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Just Donated the usual ETA fee (£12) to the BDFA (British disabled Flying Association)
They are actually towing a 757 with wheelchairs details here:
http://757pull.co.uk/

To donate and support the wheelchair pull here is the link:
http://www.justgiving.com/757pull

Thanks Wayne for doing the ETA and I hope others also pass it forward!

Jonathan
Old Jul 1, 2008, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1P, DL Gold, SPG Gold
Many thanks to Guy Betsy for our two ETAs. We are paying it forward by providing rides for errands and grocery shopping to some elderly folks in our area. I think they actually enjoy just having someone to talk to far more than the rides.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by jhflyer
Many thanks to Guy Betsy for our two ETAs. We are paying it forward by providing rides for errands and grocery shopping to some elderly folks in our area. I think they actually enjoy just having someone to talk to far more than the rides.
Thank you ! ^
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Thank you Guy Betsey for your help with my ETA's. I appreciate your help, and I am making a contribution to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Through this thread I just figured that I need to apply for a visa. Thanks!
Do regular visitors through the ETA process still get entry/exit stamps? The website said something about a stamp-less process.
I love the huge sticker ones and really miss mine. They always reminded me of the good times I had but now that I had to get a biometric passport they are gone

Thanks for the service!
Old Jul 17, 2008, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
ETAs no longer get the big sticker in your passport. These Electronic Travel Authority 'visas' are held electronically much like your e-tickets. But when you enter and exit Australia, you still will get entry and exit stamps though.

PM me if you need help in getting an ETA. It's 'free' if you Pay It Forward!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 1:33 pm

Donation made to the American Cancer Society.

A BIG Thank You to GuyBetsy for all his assistance!!!

RxTravel
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:57 am

Thank you Guy Betsy for my ETA! A $25 donation will be made to the Tasmanian Devil Park to help the project trying to save these animals from the facial cancer that is threatening their extinction.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:25 pm

Thank you so much for this wonderful idea. My husband is severely disabled and we support some of the many children who become carers and are often "robbed" of their childhood. We have used the money from the saving of the ETA to buy ingredients to bake cakes for a cake stall to raise money for Young Carers. We know they appreciate the help they get and hope everyone approves of Passing Forward in this manner.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 6:03 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Guy Betsy, thanks for the ETA renewal! This time I will be paying it forward with donations of time and services to Doc to Dock, who bring medical supplies to nations that are in need and we will be working to bring medical education along too, and to ComedyCures, an organization that brings humor to the bedside.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:46 pm

Programs: HH-S WS-G
Manny thanks
Chased down a lady that left her cash at a banking machine
Worked after my shift to help out a co-worker
Made a donation to the local food bank
Old Aug 29, 2008, 6:36 pm

Programs: Qantas FF
Hey Guy Betsy, great service you're offering there and Pass Fwd an even better intent too.
Being here in Oz I do not need one and came across flyertalk via a post elsewhere re ETAs and there has been a slight change on www.immi.gov.au I'd just appreciate your insight on, ie.

Whereas it has been the case that people could either do their ETA online themselves in the past and pay an A$20 fee, it was known that immi did not place a charge on airlines/agents for doing it, supposedly because they were authorised pernament users of the immi system, part of it so to speak.

The immi site now has a reference for ETAs as the fee being Nil but there being a service charge of $20 for people doing it online themselves - same deal as before (I did say a slight change).
What I was wondering is whether a service charge has also been applied to airlines/agents? or are you still offering the free service you do seeing as it is no out of pocket expense to you other than keyboard time.

Thanks for clarification you can no doubt supply.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 11:26 pm

Thanks a million

Thanks for 3 visas. It has taken some time to get back to you as it took much deliberation and family discussion to decide how to pay it forward. Eventually we:
Made a donation to NZ rescue helicopters, one to famine relief and gave to a holemess person on O'Connell Bridge, Dublin.

Thanks for the visas and for introducing pay it forward to my family.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 2:44 pm

Hi there,

Guy Betsy was kind enough to help me out with processing an ETA visa for me. In keeping with the spirit of things, I, in turn made a donation to the Red Cross in Australia for the service provided. WWF was my initial choice, but then I reconsidered! To add onto this, I will try and keep my eyes open for any random good deeds. Thank you again for you help!

P.S. Does anyone know where I can verify the status of this visa later on, as I travel? Preferably something free?

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 25, 2008 at 8:18 am Reason: Removal of real name
Old Sep 11, 2008, 7:24 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
I will echo the rest -- thanks for the two visas! We had a great trip.

I gave the equivalent cost of the visa to the local SPCA. Yeah, I know, unimaginative, but I am a sucker for animals and thing they could use the money more than my airline...

My friend, who is unemployed and took my frequent flyer miles to join, has taken in several stray animals over the past few months. He feeds them, cares for them, and takes them in for their shots & vaccinations. On a sad note, the cutest kitty ever died as a result of the spaying... I feel like the vet didn't care because my friend was using a low-income neutering certificates. Very sad. :-(

Last edited by eap; Sep 13, 2008 at 12:30 am Reason: Removal of a real name

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.