SYDNEY where to eat?

Old Nov 23, 22, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by JClasstraveller View Post
I have a friend who called Margaret boring. I think there’s simple then there’s simple because it’s more economical and boring. Another friend thought it was just the Double Bay outpost of the SYD QF F Lounge!
I would agree with boring. It's so safe; like a 1990s "Asian influenced modern Australian" sort of thing before Australians were truly comfortable eating real Asian food. It's catering to a crowd – the one that judges food by the fit-out of the restaurant – and it knows it. I agree it reads like an airline menu where it needs something for everyone. But Neil Perry has mastered that sort of restaurant.
Old Nov 28, 22, 8:00 pm

A quick heads up for the inner and east crowd - Nomidokoro Indigo. I'm a bit biased as it's owned by the group that own our local and one of the owners goes to our dogpark but it is a very very good take on an authentic japanese izakaya and bucking the recent sydney trend its pricing is more than reasonable. It is somewhat booked out for a while but they do have a couple of tables outside for walkins and when we were there last night at 8:30 they were both empty. Just up liverpool from the green park. And order the miso cream cheese, best drinking snack ever.

https://www.broadsheet.com.au/sydney...r-darlinghurst
bensyd likes this.
Old Nov 29, 22, 1:14 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
A quick heads up for the inner and east crowd - Nomidokoro Indigo. I'm a bit biased as it's owned by the group that own our local and one of the owners goes to our dogpark but it is a very very good take on an authentic japanese izakaya and bucking the recent sydney trend its pricing is more than reasonable. It is somewhat booked out for a while but they do have a couple of tables outside for walkins and when we were there last night at 8:30 they were both empty. Just up liverpool from the green park. And order the miso cream cheese, best drinking snack ever.

https://www.broadsheet.com.au/sydney...r-darlinghurst
Full and frank disclosure, I know one of the owners (admittedly havent seen them for probably at least 10 years).

Very talented.

Search this Thread