Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney New Years Eve

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I'll be at Opera House, might have extra ticket!
Me too, though minus the extra ticket
Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:03 am

Programs: QF,KRIS,VIRGIN
We go to Sydney each year and the night is one you will not forget. I am still trying to figure out some of the fireworks off the Sydney Harbour bridge.
Actually we may go to London for the 2015/16 roll over.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:19 pm

New Year's Eve in Sydney: Opera Gala at Sydney Opera House

Celebrated New Year's Eve (and New Year's Day) in Sydney. Attended the Opera Gala concert at the Sydney Opera House and also managed to get hold of a ticket for the Midnight Party. Trip report on my blog:
http://travel.bart.la/2015/01/26/new...eve-in-sydney/
Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:33 pm

We should have arranged a DO or something-I was right there with you for the show and party-though taking pictures during the performance is very much frowned upon...
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I was there as well!!!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:19 am

Talking

Yup, a DO would have been fun!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by 26point2orbust
How about the "Foundation & Friends" tickets?
$65 membership for one person, and $60 per person for NYE tickets at a private lawn in the Royal Botanic Garden.
i am very interested in exploring this route. can anyone provide more information about this, and is there assurance that you will be able to get access to private lawn on NYE with this membership.

please advise.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Good choice. You won't avoid the chaos by any means but you'll avoid the torture of holding a space all day and you should get a prime view of the best NYE event on the planet. Let us know how it goes.
Personally I'm not sure that sitting around on a picnic rug on a summer's night with a bottle of wine and some snacks qualifies as "torture" but hey.

Luckily I used to live in Sydney so every time I've seen the fireworks I've been at a private party in the vicinity of a good viewing point. On the other hand, I've never had difficulty just wandering down from the party to the viewpoint at 11:45 and finding a decent place to stand. It'd probably be a problem in the CBD proper, but if you go slightly suburban like McMahon's Point or Balmain it doesn't seem too hard.

The question, then, is how to fill in the time up to and immediately after midnight if you don't have a party to go to. I'm not sure. Maybe you could find a happening-looking house and tell everyone you're a friend of Davo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.