Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MyMulti tickets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Deafchick
where can you buy the MyMulti ticket at the airport? I will be arriving at the International Terminal.
I was able to buy one at the Newslink store in the arrivals area after clearing customs, back around May. However, I had a quick glance for the store when I was there last month and didn't notice it (couldn't remember exactly where it was though, and I was heading to the train station anyway, so I just went there).

The airport shopping website has a map ( at http://www.sydneyairportshopping.com...terminal_1.pdf ) which lists it at A22 in the arrivals area. If it is indeed still there, it's the most convenient place to buy it after arriving on an international flight.

Otherwise, as far as I know you'd need to go down to the ticket office at the train station to buy one (as ozzie said).
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:30 pm

For upcoming Sydney travel, I'm considering a MyMulti (week) ticket. I won't be in a rush upon arrival, and $12 seems steep for airport access. So following the advice at http://wikitravel.org/en/Sydney#Get_in , section Between the Airport and the City, subsection Local Buses, I'm considering taking a local bus. Wikitravel says:
Local buses. If you want to skip the GatePass fee, a good option is to take the 400 local bus route towards Bondi Junction. The stop after the domestic terminal is 200-300 m from the Mascot suburban rail station, which is one stop from the Domestic Terminal but free from the GatePass fee.
Goal is to buy the MyMulti, then proceed to bus stop, to Mascot station, and on from there. But where exactly to buy the MyMulti? Wikitravel says "If you buy a Multi ticket at an airport station this fee will be added to the price of the ticket." No way to buy a Multi ticket at an airport station without paying this fee? "I want to buy a Multi ticket to use elsewhere, not here"?

Wikitravel also suggest walking to Mascot Station (from Domestic arrivals) or Wolli Creek Station (from International arrivals) which might be just fine with light luggage and after a long rest on a long flight.

Last edited by bedelman; Feb 6, 2012 at 11:45 pm
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by bedelman
Goal is to buy the MyMulti, then proceed to bus stop, to Mascot station, and on from there. But where exactly to buy the MyMulti? Wikitravel says "If you buy a Multi ticket at an airport station this fee will be added to the price of the ticket." No way to buy a Multi ticket at an airport station without paying this fee? "I want to buy a Multi ticket to use elsewhere, not here"?
The bus will cost $2.10 to get you to Mascot train station and then you can purchase the MyMulti there.

ETA: I'd be surprised if they can't issue a MyMulti at the airport that doesn't have the fee added on.

Last edited by bensyd; Feb 7, 2012 at 4:39 am
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
I'd also be surprised if they wouldn't issue it without the fare added on. You could also buy a ticket from a newsagent if you can find one (as noted above).
Old Feb 8, 2012, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by ozzie
I'd also be surprised if they wouldn't issue it without the fare added on. You could also buy a ticket from a newsagent if you can find one (as noted above).
There's a Newsagent in T2 that sells them but nothing in International.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:58 pm

how far on buses can I use the mymulti-1?

I just bought a mymulti-1 pass, and I was wondering how far I can travel on a bus? Can I only cross 2 sections on a bus with that pass? I understand the train stations I can use, just not clear the buses.

I'm looking to take the 380 from the Oxford st near Ormond stop to the Bondi Rd near Wellington stop.

I'm just hoping I got the right pass.

Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
MyMulti tickets are only zone restricted for trains. You can catch whichever bus and whichever ferry you like (other than private operators).
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by ozzie
MyMulti tickets are only zone restricted for trains. You can catch whichever bus and whichever ferry you like (other than private operators).
I know what you meant, but it is a bit ambiguous - private bus services are ok, private ferries are not.

Dave
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:49 am

im visiting sydney from ireland and looking at the mymulti tickets. can they be used to get to the blue mountains or is it better to get the tour bus?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:59 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by davemc76
im visiting sydney from ireland and looking at the mymulti tickets. can they be used to get to the blue mountains or is it better to get the tour bus?
They can be used to get to the Blue Mountains. As to whether iit is best to get the tour bus, depends on how confident you are about a self-directed tour.

If you are ok doing it yourself, get the train, using a MyMulti3, and then get yourself around.

There are two hop-on, hop-off bus routes that go around the sights of Katoomba and Leura, sales points for those daily tickets are adjacent to Katoomba railway station. There are heaps of accommodation options (if you want to spend the night) ranging from deep-budget to luzury, and there are some great pubs (including a great Irish bar, the Harp & Fiddle directly opposite Katoomba station).

HTH

Dave

Last edited by thadocta; Apr 4, 2012 at 1:01 pm Reason: To add link to the oldest Irish pub in the Blue Mountains

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.