Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E175's Taken Off Certain Routes?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thezipper
Yup... they have removed all the 757's and are now running CRJ's on the MSP-DCA route... never thought i'd see that!
Come on, this statement is terribly misleading. There is a single CR9 on the MSP-DCA route now. All other flights are A319/A320s. And a CR9 isn't great, but much better than the smaller CRJs. You made it sound like the route is a bunch of CR2s, which it is not.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
This theory can't be supported given that legacy NW aircraft are flown 100% by NW crew and DL hasn't opened a slew of new crew stations in ATL/JFK/SLC. Sure, there are a few widebody routes that see A330s with tags from DTW or MSP. NW operated over a hundred CRJs before being acquired by DL.
They're not operated by NW. They're operated by Mesaba, Compass & Pinnacle. Pinnacle already flew for both companies the time of the merger. As they are are rebranded as Delta Connection carriers (instead of NW Airlink) it will make perfect sense for their planes to start flying with DL flight numbers.

I believe all the E175s are operated by Compass.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:07 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Actually in Nov it's 2 CR9's... and no more 757's... so lets look at things...

All 319's on Route - 112F, 756Y total 868 seats

5-319's, 2-CR9's - 104F, 668Y total 772 seats

Reduction of 7% of F seats, 12% of Y seats on route

Originally Posted by AirlineDeregulation
Come on, this statement is terribly misleading. There is a single CR9 on the MSP-DCA route now. All other flights are A319/A320s. And a CR9 isn't great, but much better than the smaller CRJs. You made it sound like the route is a bunch of CR2s, which it is not.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by MikeMpls

I believe all the E175s are operated by Compass.
I think this is correct as well.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by thezipper
Actually in Nov it's 2 CR9's... and no more 757's... so lets look at things...

All 319's on Route - 112F, 756Y total 868 seats

5-319's, 2-CR9's - 104F, 668Y total 772 seats

Reduction of 7% of F seats, 12% of Y seats on route
It is a rough down-gauge, but from that OP, I was thinking CR2's...

Those tin cans are the pits...

Would this mean that the ratio of Y>F increased? Granted, there are fewer F seats and probably just as many elites to make this a mute point...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.