Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Say good-bye to more Saabs.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:55 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
Originally Posted by fti
Same with STC-MSP - three flights a day, 62 miles, 48-50 minutes gate-to-gate and 15-20 minutes in the air.

How about DULLTA...putting the WORST in Northworst.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:28 am

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
whats up?

I've been noticing the past week or two that STC has been having some bad times with their flights. Half of the time NW3249 has been cancelled, delayed excessively (today...as in tuesday.. was delayed until 12pm), or delayed/cancelled due to "weather" or Irregular ops. Whats been going on?

JW, since on the 19th, I have to fly out of STC...
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: DL 2MM GM
Originally Posted by BIMMERKID2
I've been noticing the past week or two that STC has been having some bad times with their flights. Half of the time NW3249 has been cancelled, delayed excessively (today...as in tuesday.. was delayed until 12pm), or delayed/cancelled due to "weather" or Irregular ops. Whats been going on?

JW, since on the 19th, I have to fly out of STC...
runway construction in MSP and a little weather
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:37 pm

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
The weather I knew about.. but.. still...

Tomorrows, the 15th... the outbound NW3249 are cancelled as is the NW3252to STC and the return at 440pm.. not looking good tomorrow either. I am just quite concerned, since I am flying on Monday.

Originally Posted by crank1225
runway construction in MSP and a little weather
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by DTWflyer
YQT goes down to 1x a day
That's home. No point in taking NW/DL any more.

Originally Posted by DTWflyer
NW is gone. We will miss you.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:09 am

Programs: HH Gold , Priority Club , AAdvantage , Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by CMK10
I wonder what will happen to the Memphis-Tupelo-Muscle Shoals route when the Saabs go away. I doubt it could support a CRJ.
RJs used to fly Muscle Shoals - Jackson TN (mkl) - Memphis , real short hops all runways are and were long enough so support is there. But your right the Saabs are the way to go and dont know what they will use.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:54 pm
azj
Original Poster

AFAIK, the MEM-TUP-MSL has been replaced with some version of MEM-MSL-ATL and MEM-TUP-ATL or something like that.

With respect to what will come of the routes after the saab? It seems that if DL can't serve it with a CRJ200, it's getting dropped. Already unable to survive the merger was: LBE and YKF. Down the road we're closing STC, PAH, MKG, CMX and who know what other EAS and small cities we currently serve.

YQT is already 1 daily CRJ and it seems that YXU is seeing some CRJ activity at the expense of frequency. This is the new Delta. Welcome aboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.