Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Advice Needed: NWA Itinerary Change Issue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice Needed: NWA Itinerary Change Issue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Unless today is after October 24th (or 27th, or whatever), you can still book CO for future flights. They may try and dissuade you from having CO in your record, but it's still a viable option. If, after their departure from Skyteam, you need to make a change, then they won't be an option at this time.

In doing reward searches for next February, I still come across CO flights at Saver levels.
NW policy will not allow offlining to CO due to a sked chg thats more than 30 days out.....rebooked itin will have to be on NW or DL, or a full refund if unacceptable.....Is there a return flt into LNK or any nearby city??
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by socrates
That's sad...Elite Services doesn't care who issued what or if the record is in PARS or not...they work to resolve the issue.....best of both airlines???
Originally Posted by mersk862
It's a NW issue because it sounds like they issued the ticket (I'm guessing it's on 012 stock). If that's the case, the DL agents can't touch it - it would need to be done by a NW agent.

Call back, have a list of options ready (if you can provide us your final destination, we can help pull those together). But DL will not give a hotel or an upgrade for a connection like this.
Tkt stock doesn't matter anymore...both groups have been instructed to handle regardless of 012 or 006...There are very few exceptions....(unaccompanied minors, Skymiles and Worlperks tkts still must be handled by the validating carrier),...
Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by opril
I recently received an email from NWA stating that my itinerary for my honeymoon to Grand Cayman this December has changed (underlined honeymoon, because I normally wouldn't sweat over my issue). The problem is this: my return flight has a layover in Minny/St. Paul with my flight home now occurring the following morning rather than the same day.

I spoke with a supervisor in the reservations department and the short of it is this: she basically told me to get bent. I asked for a hotel voucher: no luck. I asked for an upgrade for our inconvenience which was shutdown and responded with a "If we upgrade you, we have to upgrade everyone on the flight." I asked if everyone on the flight was in my situation and she then randomly transferred me to a Delta trip booking agent.

My questions are the following:

A) Does anyone have suggestions?
B) Does anyone have contact information for someone helpful at NWA that could resolve the issue?
C) Am I at fault for wanting this inconvenience corrected?

Your advice is appreciated.

opril
Is this an award ticket or a paid ticket???
Old Aug 9, 2009, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by secretsea18
Is this an award ticket or a paid ticket???
You are not at fault, however....the polices will not allow us to book you on a different carrier...it would have to be a NW or DL schedule only....If the sked change results in no conxn to your city..(OMA), we are allowed to rebk you to a different city w/in 300 miles...(LNK?) if there is a suitable schedule...Or you can overnight at your own expense in MSP....If none of that works, then you are entitled to a full refund...Unfortunately, thats about it since this is more than 30 days out....

Sorry IM not more help...
Old Aug 9, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I am not sure of your departure date but I checked a few dates in December and an ATL connection might work for you. DL686 and DL5279, departs GCM at 2PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.