Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta SkyMold lounge in HNL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

The Delta SkyMold lounge in HNL

Just a suggestion...but if you're going to be clubbing it in Honolulu the next few days, I'd suggest you simply skip the SkyClub lounge and relax in Continental's President's Club instead (which is a better club anyway).

Walked into the old Delta Crown Room, which is now the combined SkyClub, and it reeked of mold. I started coughing right away. Attendant, an old NWA woman I recognized, was very nice and apologetic and said they just got approval to bring in dehumidifiers soon. The club needs it. It reeks of being empty and moist for 1.5 years. Trust me - it's gross.

Additionally they don't have a liquor license and it's orange juice, apple juice and biscoff's! Old WorldClub is closed but it never smelled like a soggy, beer laced old towel...
Old Aug 6, 2009, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM
That CRC used to one of the best in the DL system for service. A lot of us were sad when it closed. Hopefully it is restored soon (and the excellent service returns).
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:30 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I have happy memories of that CRC. Hopefully some day soon it will be restored to its former glory. BTW, if memory serves correct it was considered "international" which means no bartender.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Not so bad now

It's been a couple weeks since n7371f started the post; I'm in the HNL SC right now (was shocked to find the WC dark - nobody tells me nothin'!) and it doesn't smell bad to my nose, which tends to be extraordinarily sensitive. I guess they must've gotten those dehumidifiers!

One staffer suspects they won't be down here long, though - UA's club is apparently huge and under-utilized, so after October, there might be incentive for CO to share it (thus creating a *A lounge, kind of like the shared AA/QF one here), and then SkyTeam airlines could take over the current CO space. (Maybe knock down the wall between the PC and the old WC space?)

So... we shall see.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by DanTravels
One staffer suspects they won't be down here long, though - UA's club is apparently huge and under-utilized, so after October, there might be incentive for CO to share it (thus creating a *A lounge, kind of like the shared AA/QF one here), and then SkyTeam airlines could take over the current CO space. (Maybe knock down the wall between the PC and the old WC space?)
That would be nice. Though a tarmac view would also be nice too. Just pay the state the $$$ to turn Gate 13 into a SC or build one on top of the central concourse.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by DanTravels
It's been a couple weeks since n7371f started the post; I'm in the HNL SC right now (was shocked to find the WC dark - nobody tells me nothin'!) and it doesn't smell bad to my nose, which tends to be extraordinarily sensitive. I guess they must've gotten those dehumidifiers!

So... we shall see.
While the RCC is certainly under-utilized during the day, I wouldn't say that was true for the redeyes, which is when the bulk of the CO departures occur. Also, unless CO is moving to Diamond Head, that'll be a heck of a hike.

I'm also not sure why DL would want the CO space---the garden location is much nicer, IMHO. Rather than spend the money to knock down walls, just update the current space!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:49 am

new SkyClub much poorer than old WorldClub at HNL

Originally Posted by n7371f
... Additionally they don't have a liquor license and it's orange juice, apple juice and biscoff's! Old WorldClub is closed but it never smelled like a soggy, beer laced old towel...
I followed the maps and signs to the old WC location near gate 13 on Saturday to find that the new club is now "under" gate 23 -- Ok, hike back and downstairs to find a rather small place that is still "waiting for license" (Oct. 17th) and no alcohol. No moldly smell but a rather small place that just about full at 4pm. I think the old WC had about twice the amount of space and was much, much nicer on the upper level -- no lugging the bags up and down stairs.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat (assimilated), CO Plat (matched)
I have been dissapointed in the detioration of the ammenties and condition of skyclubs for the last 6 months, and I would rather spend my time in the concourse people watching. I had the displeasure of visiting the Delta basement dorm room last week, and unless i need to use the internet, it will be my last.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.