earning NWP miles on CO

Old Sep 15, 09, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA 1P
earning NWP miles on CO

Hi,

I know it says it on the NW website, but I just wanted to confirm...

If I book a CO flight (via the CO website):

1) I will only earn 50% EQMs if in classes: W, E, S, T, N, L

2) I will earn 100% EQMs in classes: M, H, K, Q, U, V, G

3) I am a PE, so do I earn 100% bonus of the EQMs earned or the actually flown miles?

4) My travel will happen between Oct 8 to Oct 20, 2009 so that is before the Oct 24 deadline, after which no more NWP miles on CO, correct?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 15, 09, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like you have it right.

Originally Posted by prolyfik View Post
Hi,

I know it says it on the NW website, but I just wanted to confirm...

If I book a CO flight (via the CO website):

2) I will earn 100% EQMs in classes: M, H, K, Q, U, V, G

3) I am a PE, so do I earn 100% bonus of the EQMs earned or the actually flown miles?

4) My travel will happen between Oct 8 to Oct 20, 2009 so that is before the Oct 24 deadline, after which no more NWP miles on CO, correct?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 15, 09, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.

How about point #3 about miles earned?
Old Sep 16, 09, 12:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Correct, although it's worth noting that after Oct 27 CO will give 100% EQM on those fare classes. But not to NW/DL elites. They get nothing after Oct 24.

Correct.

You should earn the miles, but keep in mind (1) you'll get no upgrades (in theory), and (2) if your WorldPerks account gets switched to a SkyMiles account before your CO miles get credited to your WP account you may need to do some faxing to get the miles credited properly. Be sure to save a copy of your ticket receipt and BPs until everything is credited.
Old Oct 21, 09, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 09, 10:59 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I've been on the CO upgrade lists in the past week and cleared, so they are still honoring your status. Whether it was on purpose or just easier to make all the changes after leaving ST, who knows...

I was booking a flight on 10/25 on CO and with my NW in there, couldn't pick preferred seats anymore so that seems already done....good thing my only flights left on CO are in Biz....
Old Oct 24, 09, 1:20 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
continental.com has now eliminated "Northwest Worldperks" and "Delta SkyMiles" from the list of FF programs you can choose.
Old Oct 29, 09, 4:03 pm

What account will be credited with miles for a CO flight that currently has WP account number on it? Flight in Novermber, booked in early October.
Old Oct 29, 09, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by mmthomas44 View Post
What account will be credited with miles for a CO flight that currently has WP account number on it? Flight in Novermber, booked in early October.

You wont get WP miles for that flight. You will need to change the frequent flier account to a Star Alliance Member account.

Alternatively, you can fly Northwest (Delta) by using the BUMP program. Reference "G ATO BUMP" to a Delta Agent at the airport, before you check-in. If the Delta agent is willing (has time on his/her hands and is willing to look into the GATOBUMP program) he/she can convert your CO ticket to a DL/NW ticket...you can earn your NW miles then and get your upgrades.

There is a thread on this forum called "BUMP" .... look it up for more details. NWA012 knows the most about this program

Search this Thread