Wiki Posts
Search

DL/NW Merged Stations to Avoid

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:46 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
Delta Red, Delta Blue

Originally Posted by patom
SFO is absolute mass confusion during the early am departure bank. In general the drill is old NW desks for DTW, MSP and HNL and old DL desks for ATL, CVG and SLC but the signage is limited and inadequate. People who travel from there infrequently are totally confused. I'm not sure what kiosks are available. There doesn't seem to be any available luggage drop. Huge lines in a very confined space. No alternative but to stand in line to check bags. No one monitors the 1st class line. Yesterday an elderly gentleman heading to YYZ was utterly confused. Only after he showed me his itin(SFO-MSP-YYZ) was I able to point him in the right direction.
Each station at SFO lists the destinations served by that check-in, but you have to read carefully. Unless you already know which station used to be Delta or Northwest, it would be confusing. (The line farthest left in the terminal is Delta, then Medallion to the right, then Northwest.) Definitely not a good user experience. Some Northwest Elites in the Delta Medallion queue were redirected to the "Delta Red" line. ("This is Delta Blue," the agent said, as if that clarified anything.") It would have been nice of her to walk them over personally so they wouldn't have to wait in line again, but maybe they weren't premium enough.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
AUS still a mess

AUS is still a mess. There is no elite line. If you've checked in online, you must wait in a long line just to drop a checked bag.

When I asked why there was no elite line, I was told they do not have enough staff. In fact, one of the TA's was brought in from NC to help out.

You would think that the opposite would occur when consolidating, that they would have excess staff at the one consolidated ticket counter.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 9:04 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by zsmith2
They don't care....they only see that they are saving money by consoldating.
And spend no money to do the consolidation....

Checked in this past week at PHX. I went to Elite/First Class check-in because I had a bag.

Wierd thing was that the agent walked me to a kiosk. Checked me in at Kiosk, and then we returned to her station to get the bag check.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 4:51 am

Programs: Marriott PP, UA 1K, DL Plat, AA Life Gold, WN A-List
Originally Posted by socrates
from the sound of this it I'm assuming IAH isn't merged yet, if I'm wrong let me know and I'll update the first post
Given what poopdeck90210 posted recently, I'd add SEA to the list. Evidently, the SEA DL agents "have no access to legacy NW ticketing systems."

I leave the efficacy/credibility of their claim to you, the dear reader.

As for stations, the ones I've flown to/through that have already been mentioned and deserve a +1: AUS, DFW, SAT (what is it with Texas?), SFO, LAS, MCO, LAX, PHX.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: UA, DL-PM
BOS???

Searched the thread but found nothing for BOS. Could it be the one station that got it right? Everything's in T1 now, apparently NW on the left, DL on the right. Signage for elite lines, etc. leaves a little to be desired, but I have seen none of the chaos described above. The first time I inadvertantly checked in for a NW flight on NW metal at a DL desk, got my boarding pass without a fuss, and went on as if nothing had happened. Go figure...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.