Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

TARGETED: 5k/10k Bonus Miles up to 50k/100k per RT on NW/DL/AF/KLM Till EOY [MERGED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETED: 5k/10k Bonus Miles up to 50k/100k per RT on NW/DL/AF/KLM Till EOY [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2009, 2:13 am

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
I wonder if it has something to do with people who have flown on CO this year and credited to WP...

my other hald and I have flown one paid F MIA-IAH-LAS one way on CO this year and:

I got the 10K as a Plat with 67,xxx eqm to date
my other half got the 5K as a Gold with 45,xxx eqm to date
Old Jun 27, 2009, 2:37 am

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
CO Campaign 10000 Bonus Miles

Originally Posted by jacksafar
I wonder if it has something to do with people who have flown on CO this year and credited to WP...
Yup, I think that is it.

If you go to "My Promotion Status" then you will probably see this promo listed as:

"CO Campaign 10000 Bonus Miles"
Old Jun 27, 2009, 6:05 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I have 58K EQM's to date with no DelWest REVENUE travel booked at the moment. I do have 3 int'l award trips booked. You'd think that they'd see that I don't have any more paid travel booked and offer this deal to me, but NADA!! I tried on NW & DL.
I did have one trip on CO booked, but unfortunately, it was all on Colgan Air, so I had to credit to my CO acct to get anything! I'll be PO'd if that was the qualifying factor!!
Old Jun 27, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HeHateY
Yup, I think that is it.

If you go to "My Promotion Status" then you will probably see this promo listed as:

I disagree. Both my +1 and I got the 10k/100k, and neither of us have flown CO in 2009.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 6:45 am

No go for me on either one. Gold with a DTW mailing address. 22K eqm year to date. This is the kind of stuff that really makes you question your loyalty...
Old Jun 27, 2009, 6:53 am
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
no luck here either. neither link worked. i have nearly 50000 EQM this year with 3 paid trips coming up this month. have been gold/platinum for over 10 years!
Old Jun 27, 2009, 7:18 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Yup, I think that is it.

I have not flown a single CO flight this year.
This PE got the 5K email offer. NW refused to permit me to register for the 10K deal.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 7:35 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I have 92,000 EQM in my NW account for this year and I got the 10/100k promo on Thurs night. Based out of MCO and have used CO a bit in the past, not so much this year however.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 9:04 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmh3s
I have 189K EQMs so far this year, incluiding 3 RT Y-class flights on CO just in the past 2 weeks, and got nothing. Made me mad I couldn't register for it, so just canceled a $1200 RT flight to TPA on DL for next week and a $6600 RT Flight to LHR on NW next week and replaced them both with AA flights. Petty, I know. But was just enough to get me to decide to requalify for EP for next year on AA.

I never understand those who claim they have more miles than they can use--I'll always take an extra 100K miles!
Be sure you let DL/NW customer service know about this. Promotions like this create much customer ill will, as far as I'm concerned.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
yeah, wonder if there's any merit in asking to be included in the promotion?
Old Jun 27, 2009, 10:46 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by vatraveler
. . . . Promotions like this create much customer ill will, as far as I'm concerned.

First, if it wasn't for FT and possibly similar websites (are there any?), how would people in large numbers even know about this?! You could say word of mouth - - but I don't think that would genetate too much mass attention. When I fly and chat with MANY, MANY business travelers, I'm always surprised to find out how many really don't have a clue as to miles, promotions, status stuff - etc. I'm always telling people to come to FT get the MOST out of their travel!

Also, is it possible that DelWest is keeping track of the WP & SM numbers of the people who tried to register for this promotion but COULDN'T in order to gauge just how fast the news of this deal has traveled to NON TARGETED people - and possibly to review those accounts for the deal? As to the poster above who says he canceled something like $5000 worth of tix and rebooked on AA since he didn't get the offer - - He probably found out about this bonus here on FT. Many other loyal DelWest pax will never know they didn't get this offer unless they read about it here, so I don't see too much "ill will"!! Also, if DelWest somehow monitors the accounts of the people who tried to register but couldn't - - and actually followed up to check things like canceled tix - - they may actually realize that they've lost some business due to alienating people. How else would they know unless people like him wrote a letter - - maybe even certified to upper brass, not just eMail.

Last edited by davetravels; Jun 27, 2009 at 10:54 am
Old Jun 27, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Mrs. Yogimax (Gold with c. 50,000 EQM this year) - 10K offer
Yogimax (Platinum with c. 50,000 EQM thiis year) - 5K offer

Neither of us has flown CO this year.

I still would love to know the criteria for 10K, 5K, 0K offers.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
The promo is listed as "Loyalty Reward Bonus Mile Offer" with the description of "CO Campaign 10000 Bonus Miles".

Whoever started the idea that this might be a bit of poaching to make sure people don't fly CO might be on to something - though this doesn't seem consistent.

The link provided by NWA for this promotion when you look at a list of your current promotions is invalid. I can't figure out why NWA can't get this part of their website to work right. Many of the promotions that are listed under current promotions can't pull up because NWA links to a bad URL. Fix this please, NWA.

-RM
Old Jun 27, 2009, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
10K Offer Here

I received the 10K offer. I have already exceeded 75K EQM this year with the only CO flights posted to WP came as a result of the CO mistake fare to NRT. I will earn my first 10K next weekend!
Old Jun 28, 2009, 2:11 am

Location: FLL. AA PLT 2.7MM, UA Gold MM, Delta Gold Medallion & Lifetime SC, Hilton GVIP, SGP, Hertz 5 Star
Yup, I think that is it.
I got the 10K offer and haven't flown CO in years.

The only conceivable connection between me and CO (and it gives way too much credit to WP or SM) is that on the cross-country route I fly most often it would be rather more direct to connect in IAH. But I don't. Sometimes I use AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.