Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

TARGETED: 5k/10k Bonus Miles up to 50k/100k per RT on NW/DL/AF/KLM Till EOY [MERGED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETED: 5k/10k Bonus Miles up to 50k/100k per RT on NW/DL/AF/KLM Till EOY [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
No luck on 10k for this Plat

Anyone have a link to the 5k offer?
Old Jun 26, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
I think it's targeted at people they think could be incentivized to fly but haven't been flying much. If you already fly a reasonable amount, you might not get it because they don't need to incentivize you.

I got the offer in my DL account but not the NW account. I've flown a lot more NW than DL this year. I guess it shows that the IT systems are not exactly in lock step yet.

Update:

Thanks to divrdrew for for posting the 5K/50K link. I didn't get an email from NW, but the 50K link worked for me.

Last edited by mike_plat; Jun 26, 2009 at 8:50 am Reason: Updated info.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Now I know why they are going to need a 4th tier to the loyalty program. Giving away miles like candy
Old Jun 26, 2009, 8:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
I got the 50k promo as a Gold (after a soft landing following 4 years as Plat). Wife is Silver and she got the 100K promo.

Here's the 50k url:

http://www.nwa.com/offers/05krt/?omn...COv2a.50k.CTA1

Here's the 100k url:

http://www.nwa.com/offers/10krt/?omn...Ov1a.100k.CTA1

If you were not targeted, you will get an error stating that you were not targeted and it won't let you register for the offers. I initially tried my wife's number for the 50k promo but it wouldn't take. I also tried to register mine for the 100k and it wouldn't take either.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: DL DM, 2.5MM; HH:Diamond; HGVC
No Luck for me

Promotion is clearly targeted. My registration attempt was "unsuccessful". I'm Platinum and only have 35,800 eqms to date.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
No love for me either. Oh, well. I could've used the bonus miles.

BTW, AMEX MR points are transferable with a 30% bonus right now, too. You must register and link your WP account on the AMEX site.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by RichMSN

BTW, AMEX MR points are transferable with a 30% bonus right now, too. You must register and link your WP account on the AMEX site.
Do you have a link? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

EDIT: I found the link, registered and then hit the "transfer now" button and got this:

FEATURE NOT AVAILABLE

Nice!

Last edited by lucycan; Jun 26, 2009 at 9:09 am
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: NW/DL GE, CO GE
No love for me either. Tried both links. I've done minimal NW/DL flying this year ... the biggest chunk was mileage burning. Oh well.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
No luck on either link. I should be thankful as I have been crediting elsewhere and have spent too much time taking the scenic route to/from MKE building up segments.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:18 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
For once I got lucky... probably because I've gone from PE to spending nada on NW this year.

The promo makes no mention of applicable fare classes from what I can see...or did anyone receive anything different?

Also, I wonder whether they would exclude Comair flights that are DL coded...

Can you sense my trust in Delta here? :-)
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by lucycan
Do you have a link? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

EDIT: I found the link, registered and then hit the "transfer now" button and got this:

FEATURE NOT AVAILABLE

Nice!
Register for the promo, then log in to your AMEX MR account and make sure the account is linked to your WP account. Then initiate the transfer. The miles posted immediately in my WP account.

With AMEX cutting credit lines, demanding tax documents, performing financial reviews, etc. I am not keeping points in that program in case I want to cancel my 3 cards in a hurry.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:24 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
hmmm..I dropped from Plat to Silver (soft landing) this year.

100K registration: rejected
50K registration: accepted
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
For once I got lucky... probably because I've gone from PE to spending nada on NW this year.

The promo makes no mention of applicable fare classes from what I can see...or did anyone receive anything different?
Nope, that is my reading. From the T&C below:

Travel must be on a paid published fare. (emphasis supplied).

I know I just booked an a/i fare under a $100.00

Safe Travels
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:25 am

Not eligible for 5k or 10k
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
no luck for me... well, I will go back to the Wyndhams promotion and do it the harder way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.