Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

TARGETED: 5k/10k Bonus Miles up to 50k/100k per RT on NW/DL/AF/KLM Till EOY [MERGED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETED: 5k/10k Bonus Miles up to 50k/100k per RT on NW/DL/AF/KLM Till EOY [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2009, 3:51 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
My 10K have posted 8/8 times automatically so far, sometimes on the outbound, sometimes on the return.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MPVG
I'm having the same trouble with 10k miles that haven't posted from a flight in October (registered with NW, used DL mileage number in the reservation). I called Skymiles and the representative found the promotion but said the T&C indicated the miles would post by "May 31, 2010" and that she couldn't do anything. Does this seem like a case of call back and try again? It sounds like everyone else is getting their miles soon after the flights occur, and I loath the idea of trying to remember to call back in 5 months.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 1:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Got my last 10,000 miles of the year when they posted with my PHX-ATL-RDU trip of 12/23.

I netted 40,000 with this promotion...thank you DL/NW ^
Old Dec 31, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat/1M, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FBKSan
I'm having the same trouble with 10k miles that haven't posted from a flight in October (registered with NW, used DL mileage number in the reservation). I called Skymiles and the representative found the promotion but said the T&C indicated the miles would post by "May 31, 2010" and that she couldn't do anything. Does this seem like a case of call back and try again? It sounds like everyone else is getting their miles soon after the flights occur, and I loath the idea of trying to remember to call back in 5 months.
I had a similar issue with missing bonus miles. I also reg'd via NWA.com, and switched to using my SM# after the accounts merged in Oct. Eventually I called and was able to get the missing miles credited while I was on the phone. Here are a couple of useful points/tips:

1) I have no idea where that 5/31/10 date comes from, but I made a copy of the T&C from NWA.com when I registered and it clearly states that bonus miles will be posted four to six weeks after completion of travel. On a whim I just checked NWA.com and it is still live there:
http://www.nwa.com/offers/10krt/ (click on the arrow to expand T&C)

2) If you registered on NWA, now that the call centers are linked you have to ensure that you speak with a (former) NW Worldperks elite rep - not a DL Skymiles rep. When I called I initially got a DL person and he could see that I was signed up for the promo, but could not access or dig deeper into my situation - after several minutes he said he had to transfer me to "someone on the NW side"

3) Once I was speaking with the NW rep she verified that I was registered and reviewed my account. One new bit of information I learned was that one of my R/T included a segment on AS, which disqualified the entire trip even though it was a multi-stop itinerary and could have been considered a R/T even without that flight. Perhaps you have a similar issue with a non-qualifying carrier? Despite this, she spoke with a supervisor and was able to get permission to remove the credit for the AS segment (about 1000mi) from my account and then post the 10k bonus . (note this also affects EQM/MQM so you'd want to evaluate any impact on elite qual).

Hope this helps. Happy New Year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.