Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

US Bank Flex Perks Visa Card Holders - Delayed WorldPerks mileage credits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank Flex Perks Visa Card Holders - Delayed WorldPerks mileage credits

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2009, 2:09 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by ceieoc
Got my 20,000 EQM posted. Makes me pleased that US Bank finally honored their terms and conditions but upset that they intentionally delayed posting our earned credits for two months. Because of the US Bank delay, I signed up for a Delta Amex card and received my double bonus miles posting to my Northwest account in two days after flying.
It has been mentioned more than once on the forum that the credit will eventually come, but USBank wanted to be sure everything was closed out correctly. I can understand with people charging $X in June then having refunds/credits in July. If you signed up for another card just for the MQM, that was totally your decision. I don't blame USBank for handling it how they did. Knowing how some people operate, they would charge fully refundable J tickets in June, receive EQM, then refund the tickdes later when USBank can't do anything. Probably a good business decision.

And the way they handled the transition with both WP miles and Flexperks points, not to mention a good signup bonus, I was quite impressed.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
My 20K EQMs posted correctly

I was very nervous with DL in the picture, who I do not trust.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fti
It has been mentioned more than once on the forum that the credit will eventually come, but USBank wanted to be sure everything was closed out correctly. I can understand with people charging $X in June then having refunds/credits in July. If you signed up for another card just for the MQM, that was totally your decision. I don't blame USBank for handling it how they did. Knowing how some people operate, they would charge fully refundable J tickets in June, receive EQM, then refund the tickdes later when USBank can't do anything. Probably a good business decision.

And the way they handled the transition with both WP miles and Flexperks points, not to mention a good signup bonus, I was quite impressed.
If you purchase refundable J tickets in June, do you immediately receive EQM. Under normal circumstances and not a special promotion, don't you get EQM only when you fly?

As a long time US Bank client, US Bank could easily see my spending habits for the last 10+ years and they would easily see a pattern of no sigificant returns or abuse of their credit cards. I believe a business should not force hundreds of thousands of their valued clients to wait for their earned mileage credits. As a consumer, I do not like it when I was planning on receiving an earned bonus and it is delivered two months later. It was thoughtful that US Bank sent notification that they were delaying they payment of earned frequent flyer mileage until the end of August be this seems to be taking advantage of the Delta merger and they were using it as an excuse to delay paying for earned airline travel awards. This US Bank policy does not seem to be consumer focused but instead to be bank profit focused. Many banks charge 25% interest for late payments. To be fair, why not offer US Bank clients affected by US Bank delayed mileage postings a 25% mileage bonus.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 4:59 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
If you purchase refundable J tickets in June, do you immediately receive EQM. Under normal circumstances and not a special promotion, don't you get EQM only when you fly?
I thought some EQM bonus was based on how much was charged to the card, nothing to do with whether you fly or not. Wasn't that part of your complaint?

I am still waiting for their promised posting of 20,000 EQM miles for $50,000 purchases on the US Bank Visa card before June 30, 2009.
Got my 20,000 EQM posted.
I think you are confused, or are confusing the issues. I was giving an example of how someone could game the system. Look at threads like the US Mint thread. People do and will game the system. If I were USBank, I probably would have done the same thing, and probably moreso if I knew someone was a Flyertalker!

This US Bank policy does not seem to be consumer focused but instead to be bank profit focused. Many banks charge 25% interest for late payments. To be fair, why not offer US Bank clients affected by US Bank delayed mileage postings a 25% mileage bonus.
Unfortunately this is a problem due to the break of relations between NW and USBank. Yes, USBank is profit-focused, not like most airlines these days .

I received well more than 10% return on my charging when I took advantage of USBank's offer of bonus flexperks points as well as NW miles for the month of June. I thought that was very customer-focused of them to do, but it obviously was also profit-focused - they wanted me to keep their card after NW left them.

From your comments, it seems obvious to me that you are dissatisfied enough to sever your 10+ year relationship with this company that is not consumer-focused enough. Or is it really just making a mountain out of a molehill and all will go on as usual with your USBank relationship?

Last edited by fti; Aug 28, 2009 at 5:10 pm
Old Aug 30, 2009, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Do US banks discriminate against FlyerTalk readers?

Originally Posted by fti
I thought some EQM bonus was based on how much was charged to the card, nothing to do with whether you fly or not. Wasn't that part of your complaint?

I think you are confused, or are confusing the issues. I was giving an example of how someone could game the system. Look at threads like the US Mint thread. People do and will game the system. If I were USBank, I probably would have done the same thing, and probably moreso if I knew someone was a Flyertalker!

Unfortunately this is a problem due to the break of relations between NW and USBank. Yes, USBank is profit-focused, not like most airlines these days .

I received well more than 10% return on my charging when I took advantage of USBank's offer of bonus flexperks points as well as NW miles for the month of June. I thought that was very customer-focused of them to do, but it obviously was also profit-focused - they wanted me to keep their card after NW left them.

From your comments, it seems obvious to me that you are dissatisfied enough to sever your 10+ year relationship with this company that is not consumer-focused enough. Or is it really just making a mountain out of a molehill and all will go on as usual with your USBank relationship?
I agree with you, after reading the threads you referred to, some people game the system. However my credit card spending habits over the last 10+ years show US Bank simply normal business spending.

I also appreciate the extra bonus for conversion to the US Bank FlexPerks card. However my 15,000 mile bonus posted on my monthly statement was not reflected in my FlexPerks rewards points. Because of the US Bank delay in posting points, I paid over $1,149 for a recent trip to Australia. I guess my "molehill" with US Bank this month cost me $1,149 out of my pocket. It seems most computer errors are in the favor of the bank and not their clients. To correct the US Bank problem, I had to fax US Bank my statement details. After two additional weeks, US Bank finally posted my 15,000 promised earned bonus points. As I have already earned an annual fee waiver for next year (and this year is free), there is no reason for me to immediately drop the US bank card. However, as backup, I signed up for the Delta American Express card, got approved in 60 seconds and already received double miles posted in less than two days for my US to Australia trip.

I think it would be "appalling" if any US Bank or other financial institution would discriminate against credit card holders if they were simply a reader of FlyerTalk, or read certain library books, went to a certain school or was of a religion, race, color or national origin that a financial institution didn't like. I thought in America and Canada, citizens are free to read most websites like FlyerTalk without fear of reprisals from business or government.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska
Originally Posted by Mixmaster300
I see this whole thing as a brief transition period on to a better card for all of us. The alternative is signing up for Delta's American Express. In the long run, I see those who did sign up for American Express coming back to Flexperks and Delta discovering that they made a huge mistake dropping Visa.
I couldn't agree more. I got both cards, but after about one month with Delta we've decided to go with the FlexPerks Visa unless Delta gives some great offer.

It is annoying to have two caches of miles, compared to having miles and purchases consolidated in one account, but it looks like that's the best of the current choices.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 9:20 pm

Programs: delta plat, hilton gold, marriott silver
I called US Bank, was told all miles have been sent to NWA and that the non-MQM miles will post by Sept.1. Not sure if I believe it or not.

We are also thinking of keeping the Flexperks cards, the AMEX card spending limit was only $2,000 for one of us, very little value. And that was their platinum card, with a $150 annual fee, even the first year.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1+MM / HH Lifetime Diamond
I just checked my NWA account, I got my 10K EQM's from the US Bank WP Promotion that I've been waiting for since achieving the 25k limit on 4/6/09. It didn't show immediately on account history, but if you look back, it has the date as July 17.

That means I have all the EQM's and regular miles I was promised posted.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond & 1MM; HH-Diamond; Marriott-Gold
got my 10,000 EQM posted on my WP account
Old Aug 31, 2009, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
"Originally Posted by Mixmaster300
I see this whole thing as a brief transition period on to a better card for all of us. The alternative is signing up for Delta's American Express. In the long run, I see those who did sign up for American Express coming back to Flexperks and Delta discovering that they made a huge mistake dropping Visa. "

Not if I can't get MQM's on the Visa card. The bonus miles only only half of the equation
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by syrwhizzy
I just checked my NWA account, I got my 10K EQM's from the US Bank WP Promotion that I've been waiting for since achieving the 25k limit on 4/6/09. It didn't show immediately on account history, but if you look back, it has the date as July 17.

That means I have all the EQM's and regular miles I was promised posted.
my 20k also posted with july 17th. must have posted in last couple of days...now i have 145k eqm's for year.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
Originally Posted by GaryDD
"Originally Posted by Mixmaster300
I see this whole thing as a brief transition period on to a better card for all of us. The alternative is signing up for Delta's American Express. In the long run, I see those who did sign up for American Express coming back to Flexperks and Delta discovering that they made a huge mistake dropping Visa. "

Not if I can't get MQM's on the Visa card. The bonus miles only only half of the equation
I did not post this
Old Oct 13, 2009, 9:13 am

Has anyone had trouble receiving their bonus points after spending the amount US Bank set for them? I received an offer if I spent 5k$ before 10-31, I would get 5k bonus points. I have spent the money, but have not recvd the points yet. What has me concerned is I just recvd a recording telling me about the offer, and I must register before 10-31! I registered back in July, but when I called US Bank they say they can not tell if I registered or not! Thanks for any info
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: Discontinued Program, DL Silver
Originally Posted by adgtravel
Has anyone had trouble receiving their bonus points after spending the amount US Bank set for them? I received an offer if I spent 5k$ before 10-31, I would get 5k bonus points. I have spent the money, but have not recvd the points yet. What has me concerned is I just recvd a recording telling me about the offer, and I must register before 10-31! I registered back in July, but when I called US Bank they say they can not tell if I registered or not! Thanks for any info
I know on one of my statements it said I was x amount of dollars spent toward
the bonus, otherwise I cant find any confirmation I registered.
I got an e-mail 9/23 saying I completed the activation bonus.
5000 points posted 10/8.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I opted for the SkyMiles AE card and have not received the 5000 EQM bonus I expected from my January-June WorldPerks Visa credit card expenditures. I called the Northwest soon-to-be-defunct elite service center. She referred me to a US Bank number. The US Bank representative told me that they had turned all their records over to Delta Sky Miles. So I called the Delta elite support number. The agent there asked me if I had tried calling Northwest! When I told him that would bring me full circle, he said he would put me on hold while he called the SkyMiles service center. Within five minutes he returned to tell me that the miles will be posted to my account within 72 hours.

I'm warming to Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.