Wiki Posts
Search

NWA Airline partners

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2009, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
NWA Airline partners

Anyone have any information about what happens with Nortwest's partners (other than Skyteam) when the merger becomes finalized? Malev and Kingfisher for example. Delta Skymiles program dosen't seem to have any partners outside skyteam that lets you earn EQM/MQM. Singapore Airlines is a great airline, but why would I choose to fly from the USA to asia with them and not earn miles toward elite status?
Dave
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I did a search and this is the only relevant thread that came up.

1. Has anyone seen any news of what's going to happen with WorldPerks partner airlines for earning miles after the Skypiles integration?

2. I have a couple of award flights booked with Kingfisher for next year - will I be able to change dates these awards or cancel for a refund to Skypiles once WP is gone?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave
Anyone have any information about what happens with Nortwest's partners (other than Skyteam) when the merger becomes finalized? Malev and Kingfisher for example. Delta Skymiles program dosen't seem to have any partners outside skyteam that lets you earn EQM/MQM. Singapore Airlines is a great airline, but why would I choose to fly from the USA to asia with them and not earn miles toward elite status?
Dave
Delta stated in Sky magazine a month or two ago that NW's partners would be coming over into SkyMiles.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 2P, NWA & AirTran A+ refugee
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
Delta stated in Sky magazine a month or two ago that NW's partners would be coming over into SkyMiles.
Except for Continental, of course, who are getting out while the gettin' is good.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
So that would also include MH?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
I hope so. Plus Air Tahiti Nui and Jet.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
Any official updates on this?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
I just called the platinum line (NW number), and they seem to be still allowing award bookings on MH, CI, MU.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:45 pm

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
How about Air Tahiti Nui...? I thought I read a post somewhere where someone had confirmed it would be available for redemption but can't find it now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.