Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

possible to select seats for an Air France flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO

I have an award flight on AF for JNB-CDG-DTW next years. I contacted Air France and got my AF reference number and was able to pull up my flights on their site. The seat selection feature doesn't work though and always returns an error. Is it not possible to select my seats?
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by vxmike
I have an award flight on AF for JNB-CDG-DTW next years. I contacted Air France and got my AF reference number and was able to pull up my flights on their site. The seat selection feature doesn't work though and always returns an error. Is it not possible to select my seats?
When is your flight? I think most flights don't have seat selection available until 90 days before the date of departure, so if your flight is really far out, that might be the problem. If that isn't the problem, then you could always call up AF and they should be able to do seat assignments over the phone (using your AF reference number of course).
Old Aug 13, 2009, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dyung
When is your flight? I think most flights don't have seat selection available until 90 days before the date of departure, so if your flight is really far out, that might be the problem. If that isn't the problem, then you could always call up AF and they should be able to do seat assignments over the phone (using your AF reference number of course).
The flights are for next March, however according to both NWA.com and Air France's site I have assigned seats for the AF flights already (just not ones I like). They must not have the 90 day limitation like NW.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
You can call Northwest and ask for your Air France Reservation number and then look up your reservation and choose your seat thru the Air France website. Just did this with an award booked thru Delta
Old Aug 13, 2009, 9:27 pm

Make sure you continue to check the status of your JNB - CDG flight. The seats may change if they switch that flight to one of their new A380s. There has been a number of comments on various blogs about Air France using the A380 on that route starting next year.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by holocker
You can call Northwest and ask for your Air France Reservation number and then look up your reservation and choose your seat thru the Air France website. Just did this with an award booked thru Delta
Did that...the Air France web seat selection doesn't work, unfortunately.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Thanks for the tips. I looked up my AF confirmation code at NWA then used it to access my AF reservation at the AF website (U.S.). I chose a good seat for my return flight.
I don't like seat 01E on the AF A340-300. I am in 04B on the AF 772 going over.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Call Air France directly. I've always gotten great service calling their NYC number.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

For whatever reason the AF website doesn't work for me, but I was able to change my seats via the KLM website.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat / DL-Silver / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Gold
I have an NW award whicj is Aeroflot JFK to Moscow, then Aeroflot (SU) to Paris connecting to AF to EWR.

On the NW web, I show no seats assigned on the SU flights and 1J for the AF trip. It also shows my PNR (confirmation #) in the Aeroflot system.

I go to Aeroflot web, give my PNR and VirtuallyThere (Sabre) returns an error.

For the heck of it, I went to the AF website and plugged in my SU PNR. AF found the reservation no problem. I was able to change out of my AF buklhead seat. They gave me the option, and a seatmap to the Moscow-CDG leg, but returned an error when I selected a seat. I suspect SU has a hold on the PNR why AF and Sabre's VirtuallyThere can't access it.

The next day I was looking at the reservation again on NW, and they had my new AF seat listed. I was amazed at an NW res, using an Aeroflot PNR, updating on AF, reflected back in the NW PNR
All that, and I can't update the same SU PNR on their own website

So to your question, I'd think you could select your AF seat. Maybe the comment about "90 days out" is the limitation you're hitting.

Steve
Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:58 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by vxmike
For whatever reason the AF website doesn't work for me, but I was able to change my seats via the KLM website.
Are you trying to access seats for AF via Internet Explorer? Doesn't work for me but Firefox works just fine.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Are you trying to access seats for AF via Internet Explorer? Doesn't work for me but Firefox works just fine.
Yes I was using Internet Explorer. Funny their site must not fully support IE.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
plug your PNR in @ klm.com ... they let you select seats for AF and it will show up in you NW PNR right away.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I have a NW-op by AF segment TATL in coach in less than ninety days. It's booked on nwa.com but nwa.com says the seat maps aren't available. The AF PNR is found on airfrance.us but provides no opportunity to assign seats. The same NR is found on klm.com but offer no chance to select seats - although it does appear to allow one to requst a special meal. Trying to be thorough, I checked delta.com and it, too, says seat maps aren't available - yet it did allow me to select a domestic DL seat more than 90 days out that nwa.com ignored.

Do the suggestions offered in posts above work solely for tickets booked in Business? AF shows multiple 800-numbers - Saphir, ticketing, web support - if a seat request by phone is my last chance. Thanks.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 8:45 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I have a NW-op by AF segment TATL in coach in less than ninety days. It's booked on nwa.com but nwa.com says the seat maps aren't available. The AF PNR is found on airfrance.us but provides no opportunity to assign seats. The same NR is found on klm.com but offer no chance to select seats - although it does appear to allow one to requst a special meal. Trying to be thorough, I checked delta.com and it, too, says seat maps aren't available - yet it did allow me to select a domestic DL seat more than 90 days out that nwa.com ignored.

Do the suggestions offered in posts above work solely for tickets booked in Business? AF shows multiple 800-numbers - Saphir, ticketing, web support - if a seat request by phone is my last chance. Thanks.
I booked an AF flight with AF flight number (not NW) and booked seats online weeks ago. But if it would not have worked online, I would not have hesitated to pick up the phone and call. Not sure why so many people are so averse to that. My seat assignment on long-haul flights is far too important to me. In fact, AF allows seat assignments anytime that you can book a flight. So most likely by procrastinating, you already will have a limited seat selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.