Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Worldperks to Skymile Million Miler Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worldperks to Skymile Million Miler Status

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by jiburi
I will likely cherish the pen and tag in its black case and probably never use it....

Jiburi
I put my Million Air tag on my bag about a year ago, and it has gotten scratched up pretty good. Now I wish I had been more careful with it (I didn't realize it would scratch so easily). I wonder if one could request a replacement for a lost/damaged tag...?
Old Aug 16, 2009, 2:45 am

Programs: DL DM, AC Elite, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Million Miler in 2010 under Delta

In looking at the Delta 2009 program, they include the Million Miler Program. It seems missing from the 2010 announcements.

Has this program been cancelled? Once the accounts are joined, I would make at least 1 if not 2 million miler. Lifetime silver or gold wold be nice to start.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 11:08 am

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by canuk
lifetime silver or gold wold be nice
it certainly is better than a poke in the eye.. but silver for life? dreadful thought still.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 5:16 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by worldexpress
it certainly is better than a poke in the eye.. but silver for life? dreadful thought still.
If you don't fly that much, it is still worth some relief on baggage fees, better seat selection, etc. And a (small) chance for an occasional upgrade.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by monitor
I'm not certain about the applicability here but when CO instituted its MM program it went all the way back and counted miles from Eastern.
I wonder if Delta will count my Republic and North Central miles?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:52 am

Programs: Marriott PP, UA 1K, DL Plat, AA Life Gold, WN A-List
Originally Posted by robbert
I agree with the tealeaves, but it says 'all account data' with reference to what is listed subsequently. Lifetime status is one of the few things remaining that would keep loyal to DL/NW for a couple more years. So I really hope they read this thread and listen to what their customers have to say.
Wording is important. They said "all account data" but did not specify _which_ account. They assume everyone will merge WP miles into a DL account, which many have done but surely not everyone.

Do "they" read the thread? We have been told they do, by those that went to the face-face earlier this year. However, we also know they don't act very often on what they read. Remember, beancounters rule.

As for million miles, I had that status on TW, and when AA 'merged' the program they remembered I had 1MM miles, but it meant nothing. No status on AA granted, went back to a white card until I complained to the head office in Ft. Worth and they granted me Lifetime Gold status. Wow.

That and two bucks will get you a cup of coffee.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:22 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Nowdays, might get you a waived bag fee as well

Originally Posted by drsan
That and two bucks will get you a cup of coffee.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Any bets on whether, by policy or by eff-up, Delta will end up using the NWA "Total Mileage Since Enrollment" figure?
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
Any bets on whether, by policy or by eff-up, Delta will end up using the NWA "Total Mileage Since Enrollment" figure?
I'm still holding out hope that it will be a dual-qualifier system that includes total mileage as one method, as I described in post #17 above. I noticed that a Delta 2010 SkyMiles program benefits pamphlet I received in the mail recently, unlike the online version, does mention the MM program as one of the benefits of the SkyMiles program. It doesn't, however, list the exact qualifications, as the 2009 online version did. Therefore, I assume they are still finalizing the details. I hope they are announced very soon.

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
If you don't fly that much, it is still worth some relief on baggage fees, better seat selection, etc. And a (small) chance for an occasional upgrade.
Plus early boarding, a bit more preference over standard pax when in queue for certain things, better phone service, and a 25% RDM bonus. Your experience might be occasional upgrades, but some route patterns would see success of 50%+ on upgrades. I was Silver a few years back and experienced roughly 70%, though if I flew the same routes now I suspect that number would be lower.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I recently called NW about my million miler status because by my calculations I should still be 30K short. However, the number they gave me over the phone was over a million miles.

So contrary to what I posted in this thread months ago, I should actually be a million miler before the accounts are merged. I wonder if I'll get lost in the shuffle and receive no perk/bennie for reaching a million miles.

Does anyone know if NW is still processing million miler status for NW elites?

-RM
Old Aug 31, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I recently called NW about my million miler status because by my calculations I should still be 30K short. However, the number they gave me over the phone was over a million miles.

So contrary to what I posted in this thread months ago, I should actually be a million miler before the accounts are merged. I wonder if I'll get lost in the shuffle and receive no perk/bennie for reaching a million miles.

Does anyone know if NW is still processing million miler status for NW elites?

-RM
I got my goodie box in the mail last week for reaching my first million miles (all domestic!). I was actually glad to achieve this under NW instead of with the new DL. Hopefully they're processing these quicker - if nothing else to unload all those carbon fiber pens!
Old Aug 31, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pfase_1
I got my goodie box in the mail last week for reaching my first million miles (all domestic!). I was actually glad to achieve this under NW instead of with the new DL. Hopefully they're processing these quicker - if nothing else to unload all those carbon fiber pens!
So what was in the box?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: DL (MM), UA(MM) , AA(MM) , Bonvoy - LT Titanium
Originally Posted by RobertH
I wonder if Delta will count my Republic and North Central miles?
I was wondering the same thing. Curious to find out tht when Republic and NW merged back in the 80's was Lifetime miles being tracked back then. I probably have a few statements somewhere in the basement and was going to go digging this winter.

Do you or anybody know if they did count the old Rebublic BIS miles?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 5:33 pm

Status

Delta does appear to consider the Million Mile status in upgrades. I flew the other day from LAX to ATL on Delta and was told when I asked about the likelihood of my upgrade that there were five other Platinum Million Milers on the flight, and it did not look good! On the other hand, I just received my SkyMiles card today, and it has Platinum Medallion on it, but no Million Air (as my NWA card does). Nevertheless, they appear to see this status in their system.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
All scam for me.

NW -> KL -> AF -> NW -> DL ... and DL only counts my EQMS from 2009 towards MM status I have well over 1 MM on NW/KL over the years and now they claim that the (forced) transfer to KLM many years back invalidates all my level miles Now I have 100k LT miles instead of 2 MM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.