Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Worldperks to Skymile Million Miler Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:57 am
Original Poster

nw worldperks does not have a million miler status. however, delta skymiles does. any idea how that will be managed? i have 2.1+ million lifetime miles, but no idea how many flown miles i have. lets say 1 million to make this post worth while. would nwa/delta be able to calculate my miles flown back 2 decades? how would they convert that for the lifetime miler status. i am sure that many of you assume that the whole thing will be scrapped or at least the wp folks will get the shaft, but i want to believe this might be a new benefit for the wp fliers. Just not sure how this will happen.
I didn't see any other posts on this aspect of the merger, hope i didn't miss it somewhere.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mspnw1993
nw worldperks does not have a million miler status. however, delta skymiles does. any idea how that will be managed? i have 2.1+ million lifetime miles, but no idea how many flown miles i have. lets say 1 million to make this post worth while. would nwa/delta be able to calculate my miles flown back 2 decades? how would they convert that for the lifetime miler status. i am sure that many of you assume that the whole thing will be scrapped or at least the wp folks will get the shaft, but i want to believe this might be a new benefit for the wp fliers. Just not sure how this will happen.
I didn't see any other posts on this aspect of the merger, hope i didn't miss it somewhere.
To find out what you have just call the elite line and ask. They will tell you right then. I would guess you have about 700K actual miles on 2.1 lifetime. The general thought is that they will continue the program but it will be degraded, Who knows though...
Old May 27, 2009, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
They don't know (yet)

In an idle moment, I called to see what my lifetime actual miles are and it is 816,902 (Total Mileage Since Enrollment 2,337,943) - less than I thought.

I asked if these would be consolidated with my DL miles (Total miles: 35,576) and DL Million Miler status and she said "we don't know yet."
Old May 27, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Got me curious so I called --

Total mileage since enrollment - 2,716,390
Lifetime EQMs - 962,729
Lifetime flown miles - 876,709
Old May 27, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Actually, NW does have million miler status -- called MillionAire (I am one). However, the one-time perks are quite small -- a nice luggage tag, a pen, and a Hyatt gift certificate IIRC. Do a search on this forum and you'll see this discussed in multiple threads.

There has been some communication from Delta about recognizing NW and DL million milers, but no specifics have been given.

By the way, welcome to FlyerTalk, mspnw1993.
Old May 28, 2009, 3:45 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by mot29
Got me curious so I called --

Total mileage since enrollment - 2,716,390
Lifetime EQMs - 962,729
Lifetime flown miles - 876,709
Anyone know which count towards MM? EQMs, or BIS?
Old May 28, 2009, 3:50 am

Yes -- for me the difference between hitting it this year or next?
Old May 28, 2009, 7:34 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by sbagdon
Anyone know which count towards MM? EQMs, or BIS?
NW is lifetime flight miles, DL is (I believe) Lifetime MQM (i.e. EQM) which poses another interesting question when they merge.

I am just over 1MM flight miles (got my luggage tag last fall) and just over 2MM program miles. (I flew a lot back in the day when the bonus for Gold was 25%)
Old May 28, 2009, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
NW is lifetime flight miles, DL is (I believe) Lifetime MQM (i.e. EQM) which poses another interesting question when they merge.
Hmm, this and larger drink glasses may be the high points of the merger?
tom
Old May 28, 2009, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm not certain about the applicability here but when CO instituted its MM program it went all the way back and counted miles from Eastern.
Old May 28, 2009, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I'm sort of in the same boat myself.

If DL & NW combine my accounts today I will have just over 1MM EQM.

However, I am highly likely to hit 1MM EQM on NW alone this summer. I wonder if my status will get "lost" in the combination of the programs. When DL gets my account info and merges it with their system they may assume that NW already sent me my MM credentials. Maybe they have, maybe they haven't.

I don't really care so much about a pen and the other things people have mentioned here. I'm hoping DL comes up with something unique to identify their MM'ers and I hope they recognize me as one when the programs merge.

-RM
Old May 29, 2009, 6:04 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mot29
Hmm, this and larger drink glasses may be the high points of the merger?
tom
I tend to agree as this is this one of the few things Delta's FF program has a big leg up on NWA.
Old May 29, 2009, 6:15 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
This comes from an email today:

As you probably know, the SkyMiles(R) and WorldPerks programs will fully merge later this year. We will communicate the exact integration date in the closing months of 2009, and at that time, all account data - mileage balances, Elite Qualification Miles, Elite Qualification Segments, Medallion(R) Qualification Miles, Medallion Qualification Segments and lifetime balances - will be consolidated.

So I'm hopeful.
Old May 29, 2009, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by robbert
This comes from an email today:

As you probably know, the SkyMiles(R) and WorldPerks programs will fully merge later this year. We will communicate the exact integration date in the closing months of 2009, and at that time, all account data - mileage balances, Elite Qualification Miles, Elite Qualification Segments, Medallion(R) Qualification Miles, Medallion Qualification Segments and lifetime balances - will be consolidated.

So I'm hopeful.
This is like reading tea leaves, but -- note that the message specifically reads Elite Qualification Miles, Elite Qualification Segments, Medallion(R) Qualification Miles, Medallion Qualification Segments but not the NW lifetime flown miles. Whatever the premium item is should be awfully good to justify this much speculation on my part, right?

Given the timing of this message, do ya think Bob S (or someone) is reading this thread (and others), even if not commenting on it?
tom
Old May 29, 2009, 7:05 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I agree with the tealeaves, but it says 'all account data' with reference to what is listed subsequently. Lifetime status is one of the few things remaining that would keep loyal to DL/NW for a couple more years. So I really hope they read this thread and listen to what their customers have to say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.