Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

FA's Hate New DL Preflight Safety Talk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA's Hate New DL Preflight Safety Talk

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by gitismatt
maybe im not using the same nwa.com that everyone else is, but i dont see what's so good about it. seriously. can someone elaborate on why it's better? it looks like someone made it with frontpage
It's not the design that makes it good, it's the functionality. Look specifically at what you can do with a reservations that you can't on other carriers online.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Manoa Chris
Quite a contrast to the AF takeover of KLM. Delta has really messed up this transition, and to what effect? Slower implementation of product uniformity -- and preserving prior service levels -- would have gone a long way to winning over new customers and employees.

That's not why AF is doing it this way. In order to receive the approval for the merger, they were required to keep the KL brand running for some 5 years. If they could've done it quicker, they most certainly would have.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Like today when I was able to move from a severely delayed MSN-DTW flight to an MSN-MSP flight (and was put right in F on the connection) simply by calling the PLT line while about 100 people stood in line.
What's to say DL won't treat you the same now that your status is essentially on DL as well?

Once they get the phone numbers the same, you should get preferential service on DL just like you did on NW.

I wouldn't say DL is going to be worse until you give them a shot.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by slippahs
It's not the design that makes it good, it's the functionality. Look specifically at what you can do with a reservations that you can't on other carriers online.
i dunno, delta.com does what i want it to. i havent had the need to do anything more than what i actually can, so i cant comment on that. but to me, the appearance is part of what makes a good site and nwa.com severely fails in that regard
Old Apr 12, 2009, 6:47 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by channa
What's to say DL won't treat you the same now that your status is essentially on DL as well?

Once they get the phone numbers the same, you should get preferential service on DL just like you did on NW.

I have given DL a shot.

When my DL flight was delayed 3 hours due to not one but two mechanical problems, DL did not protect me, nor would they even give me a flight that was not 2 days later! It was the NW PE line that protected on the next flight (which happened to be the next morning) and my reroute was NOT put in Y by DL. Plus due to the snafu with the ordering of NW PEs in the DL system I got to be the last on the upgrade list on my rebooked flights (when I had already received EUA for the entire trip in advance.)

It sure would have been nice for the DL FAs to have given us something to drink while we were parked at the gate those 2 hours (but no ... we had that little water bottle to drink).

Perhaps someday I will have a nice "Delta" experience.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 7:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by secretsea18
I have given DL a shot.

When my DL flight was delayed 3 hours due to not one but two mechanical problems, DL did not protect me, nor would they even give me a flight that was not 2 days later! It was the NW PE line that protected on the next flight (which happened to be the next morning)
How can you say DL didn't protect you? If the NW version of SMS protected you, then what are you complaining about - NW is DL...

This is how it's supposed to work right now. In an IRROP situation, you call them and they help you out, because you're a platinum. For those of you unhappy with the lack of Medallion treatment on DL, have you ever considered that DL hasn't extended it yet because they know you're still getting it from NW, and they own NW?

Because the systems aren't fully integrated, it works better for all involved for you to deal with NW, which recognizes your status and give you priority on a rebooking situation. If I were on a cancelled NW flight, I wouldn't deal with NW personnel at all, because I don't know their systems and they don't recognize my elite status. I would just call SMS.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 7:12 pm

Programs: DELTA
Thumbs down Watch those fingers!

Originally Posted by hoyateach
Are they obliged to wag their fingers during the talk?
I won't be on an A330 until September when I take my wife to Kona via the MSP-HNL direct flight. But this seems a bit insulting to me. Can someone who wants to "live on the edge" take a "video of the video" with their video camera phone and post it on Youtube and share the link with us here? Please? Or, if there is already a video like this on Youtube for DL's boarding procedure, post it on this thread?

Thanks!

-A
Old Apr 12, 2009, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
How can you say DL didn't protect you? If the NW version of SMS protected you, then what are you complaining about - NW is DL...

This is how it's supposed to work right now. In an IRROP situation, you call them and they help you out, because you're a platinum. For those of you unhappy with the lack of Medallion treatment on DL, have you ever considered that DL hasn't extended it yet because they know you're still getting it from NW, and they own NW?

Because the systems aren't fully integrated, it works better for all involved for you to deal with NW, which recognizes your status and give you priority on a rebooking situation. If I were on a cancelled NW flight, I wouldn't deal with NW personnel at all, because I don't know their systems and they don't recognize my elite status. I would just call SMS.
Well... yes and no. I called NW only after the GA said he could not help to put me on another flight to my destination, and actually suggested I just not go on my trip at all. NW PE line transferred me to DL SMS as it was a DL flight and DL had control of my ticket. DL SMS said first "you'll make your connection" and then "OK, we can get you to your destination in 2 days". I hang up. I call NW again and tell them what DL told me. Then they protect me with the next flight to destination. The DL folks all knew I was NW Platinum, including the GA and elite services lines. They either were not empowered to help a NW PE or did not want to. BTW I was traveling from NYC to DSM.

If you were on a cancelled/delayed/misconnected NW flight, there would be an agent at the gate with a table with your new boarding pass on it under your name.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: DM , MM ,Natl-Exec Elite,HH diamond,SPG gold
I can tell you from personal experience that the service is not the same and quite frankly was embarressing. I had a situation in November in EWR, mechanical that caused me to miss an international connection in ATL. I had to make my own arrangements on Jet Blue to get to BDA, now I understand that the legacies have no contract with JB, blah, blah blah, but when I contacted CS, they did absolutely nothing to help. When I sought compensation later, again basically told nothing they could do. Twice by email I asked for supervisor intervention and was finally told (after 3 em's) to stop contacting them as they would not respond. Great treatment to a PE who clearly is a 2% er. .

Originally Posted by channa

Old Apr 12, 2009, 7:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Poopdeck90210
I won't be on an A330 until September when I take my wife to Kona via the MSP-HNL direct flight. But this seems a bit insulting to me.
It's REALLY not that big a deal. Click here for the link.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
maybe im not using the same nwa.com that everyone else is, but i dont see what's so good about it. seriously. can someone elaborate on why it's better? it looks like someone made it with frontpage
Who cares what it looks like? I can do everything I want and need there.

Good websites aren't ones that are eye candy.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 9:21 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
exactly! ... and that shell of a DL.com site can't even recognize that the iPod has a full browser... it shunts everything to their mobile site which is a waste of time and energy. At least NWA.com lets me access their full web site, and yes, I can do everything there I need... definately NOT on the DL mobile site

Originally Posted by RichMSN
Who cares what it looks like? I can do everything I want and need there.

Good websites aren't ones that are eye candy.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, AS 100K, SPG LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
i dunno, delta.com does what i want it to. i havent had the need to do anything more than what i actually can, so i cant comment on that. but to me, the appearance is part of what makes a good site and nwa.com severely fails in that regard
Apparently you have no need to book multi-city award tickets, or multi-city international tickets using miles to upgrade? Book awards on AS, CO, KL, AF, AM? Track what promotions you've signed up for? See your progress in said promotions? See partner confirmation numbers on multi-carrier reservations? Oh, and do all of the above from your Blackberry? Or use your iPhone to check in and have the boarding pass faxed to your hotel's front desk?

Rich & Zipper, what else am I forgetting?
Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Rich & Zipper, what else am I forgetting?
You're forgetting e-upgrades (something DL can't do) and also the availability to use an e-Cert while booking a nwa.com ressie.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:33 am

Also:
Automatic reticketing of upgraded reservations, with instant confirmation of your upgrade and seat selections
Ability to OLCI for upgraded domestic flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.