Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Since the merger, I've been flying more DL flights than NW - anyone else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Since the merger, I've been flying more DL flights than NW - anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by ladysheri
I have done a search and this thread is the main one that I find in regards to DL OLCI. Mr. ladysheri has a delta-ticketed flight tomorrow and has been unable to OLCI at any point today. He is a NW Plat and his itinerary on Delta's site shows his status and his WP #. He did get upgraded at the 5 (really 6) day window and is mostly happy. Just kinda perplexed on why "ineligible" pops up when he tries to go through the check-in process. Is this the type of problem others have experienced?

Thanks,
S
Yes, that is the problem, and he won't be able to use the kiosk either.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
For the record I have a DL coded NW flight today and had no trouble doing the OLCI. I had used my SM#, got the upgrades, and then used the NW record locator to change seats and to check in. dl.com did not recognize that I had changed seats and still has me in the seats that it assigned me when I was upgraded.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 7:43 am

Programs: Delta SM
Singleflyer,
Thanks for the info. So this morning, on a whim, he tried the OLCI again and it let him check in and print boarding passes. Not only that, due to a delay on his SEA-ATL leg, he had already been moved to F on a later flight on his ATL-MSY leg. He's mostly happy. Amazing how used to having those boarding passes when we leave the how we have become.
S
Old Mar 3, 2009, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
well the NW Elite on DL operated check-in issue still hasn't been corrected (at least as of this past Friday)...funny thing is I ended up cxling the trip and rescheduling it all on NWA metal
Old Mar 4, 2009, 1:23 am

Programs: DELTA
Talking EUA Received SEA-JFK and JFK-SEA

I am making my first trip to Manhattan this coming weekend to visit a close friend. I was EUA'd within the 5 day window on both of my direct flights SEA-JFK.

BONUS: Despite my NW Website PNR indicating that my DL flights are on 737-700's, they ARE actually 737-800's (per the DL website). Not being as up on the features of the DL Metal, I was delighted to find out on seatguru that we will have power ports available. Whoo hoo! I can actually work (and bill my client) both ways. Nice!!!

-A

P.S. Okay - If we had been flying 737-700's, I know that there are power ports available too in FC, but there are few seats in FC which meant I may have wound up in coach w/no power!

Last edited by Poopdeck90210; Mar 4, 2009 at 8:03 pm
Old Mar 4, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Got the upgrade

After all my toils with DL and despite their prediction that I would not get upgraded, I did get an upgrade - 6 days out - for my flight from PHX - ATL - BWI on Sunday, 3/8. I am happy, but wary of booking on DL again until the assimilation is complete.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:13 am

Programs: Delta DM 2M, AA EP, Marriott AE
After 80 DL domestic segments this year so far (2009) I must say that it is a very good FF domestic carrier. Not sure I would think the same as a regular flyer ... the few drawbacks I see are the lack of room in First for Redeye routes, the lack of power on some 757 even though they have GoGo, the time it takes to get Internet on the 737 line and the not always so nice agents (in flight or ground) but that is everywhere! There are others but they did not bother me too much. There are a lot of upsides, I will not list them all, most FF know about them. I only had one NW plane and crew so I cannot really compare (NW crew & CRJ plane replaced DL on PHX to SLC flight and experience was fairly similar).

I unfortunately cannot say the same for Int'l service and specifically when it come to the 767!!! You will never see me in one of those coach seat EVER and for Business, if I have a choice, I would go AF, NW or KL unless it is the 777LR or new 764 BE. There is a lot of room for improvements on the Int'l side and I think the merger with NW may help (I like NW Business in 744s). But once again, Do something with those 763s ... they are really bad!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.