Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

When did you begin to suspect you were flying NW a little too much?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When did you begin to suspect you were flying NW a little too much?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2008, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I'm not sure if this is a you're flying on NWA too much thread or FT too much, but when you start talking in airline/FT talk (i.e. EUA, UG, WL, FC, Y, F, BUMP, GA, TA, FA, etc) and they just give you wierd looks and laugh.
Actually that is a good point. I walk into my travel office and tell them what fare class to book, routing's and flight numbers off the top of my head, and ask them to get me upgraded using one of my PU465's that book out of C class with nothing but a 48 hr prior restriction. They just roll their eyes and do it
Old Dec 18, 2008, 8:12 pm

Programs: Skyteam
When the gate agent has a line 15 people deep and I'm seating near by -- calls me to the podium to tell me that my reconnect and my upgrade has already been confirmed for the next available flight.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
When I had to call Delta (ICS) and was telling THEM how to book my ticket
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:47 pm

Getting a PerkSaver YOW-DTW-LAX-ICN/GMP-PUS-HKG-TPE-LAX-MEX-IAH-MEM-DTW-YOW booked...online. It was 2 days and it still hadn't ticketed so I phoned to see that it wasn't illegal, after telling her that i booked online and it still hadn't ticketed she paused for a few seconds and said 'You booked this online? Would you like a job? Most agents wouldn't be able to book that routing on their computers. But, yes, its apparently legal and is in queue to be ticketed'

I proceeded to tell her about my MAN-AMS-DTW-NRT-GUM-KIX-TPE, and ICN-HNL-MSP-DTW-ORD-DEL routings I did once.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
...when 3 times this year, the same flight attendant came up to me and asked me if I was "working". Upon questioning her each time, she told me she thought I was a sky marshal and that I looked exactly like one that frequents NW flights
Old Dec 26, 2008, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Actually that is a good point. I walk into my travel office and tell them what fare class to book, routing's and flight numbers off the top of my head, and ask them to get me upgraded using one of my PU465's that book out of C class with nothing but a 48 hr prior restriction. They just roll their eyes and do it
Ha. that's good. I've got another good one. One time I called my company's TA to book a cheaper and more mileage itinerary for an upcoming trip. They can't book it and give me a bunch of BS excuses why ("NW just won't let you, it's the rules"). I knew they were lying so I just hung up, and booked an end-on-end on their website.

A sign I fly and FT too much. ^
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by natas43
...when 3 times this year, the same flight attendant came up to me and asked me if I was "working". Upon questioning her each time, she told me she thought I was a sky marshal and that I looked exactly like one that frequents NW flights
Oooh! How exactly should I be dressing?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by kcnwa
I knew I was flying NW too much when I flew to MSP one weekend to meet with fellow FT'ers to talk about chartering a NW 747 to fly around for the day.

sounds like fun! where do i sign up!
Old Dec 27, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
CO visitor...

I know one agent that knows me by name whenever I enter a club in Houston which is a major connection point for me.

The other night the agent wished me a safe trip back to OKC. Dont know if she knew that or if it came up on computer but she was a checkin agent and not a ticket helping agent and I dont recall the last time that I saw her.

Other sign you fly too much is when a friend in a hub city learns your connecting through the next day and say, "Why dont I meet you at the club to catch up on things."

Either way it is nice to be noticed.

Last edited by Scott6067; Dec 27, 2008 at 6:20 pm
Old Dec 27, 2008, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
I know i fly NW too much when i found my own handwriting on the world traveler magazine's suduko puzzle i had finished from a previous flight earlier that month.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 2:57 am

Location: Memphis, TN Hyatt Plat, NW Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, National Emeral Exec
Originally Posted by spkg
I know i fly NW too much when i found my own handwriting on the world traveler magazine's suduko puzzle i had finished from a previous flight earlier that month.
LOL
Old Dec 28, 2008, 10:45 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I knew I flew NW too much when I found myself sitting next to the same guy from another flight a month earlier with the same FA serving us.

His daughter BTW loved the spinzels which I was very happy to give away to him to take home to her.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott PP, UA 1K, DL Plat, AA Life Gold, WN A-List
When did I know?

When I started to think of very plausible replies to the thread "when did you start to think you fly too much"... and actually spent any time answering the question

Sad, sad, sad
Old Dec 28, 2008, 9:55 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
I was using the automated system with one of my credit card companies and when it prompts me to enter my SS#, I entered my WP # (which also 9 digits long).

When I'm waiting in line at the grocery store wishing there's a red "elite" carpet somewhere

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.