Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

When did you begin to suspect you were flying NW a little too much?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2008, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Desdinova
2) when I joined a conversation between a GA and another pax who was also taking a VDB (SFO-MSP); after a minute or two the GA said to the pax something along the lines of 'this gentleman can help you decide what you want to do while I finish closing the flight.'
One time I helped a complete newbie through an IDB at DCA. The GA (who I have had problems with in the past at DCA) was trying to force him to take a VDB for $300 ECV. He ended up walking away with $400 in cash. I felt like I had done my good deed for the day.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 9:18 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
When someone calls you on the phone and asks you if your priority baggage came out near the front this time.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:17 am

This one has a few obvious answers for me, but I'll go with this:

I've stopped using a scratch pad for "To-Do" lists or grocery lists and instead just write notes on the back of used boarding passes.

Although this will slowly change as I'm able to use more and more electronic boarding passes.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:04 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I knew I was flying NW too much when I flew to MSP one weekend to meet with fellow FT'ers to talk about chartering a NW 747 to fly around for the day.

Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by kcnwa
I knew I was flying NW too much when I flew to MSP one weekend to meet with fellow FT'ers to talk about chartering a NW 747 to fly around for the day.

Nope sorry, I cannot believe that such a thing would ever happen .... For me, it was a conversation with a World Vacations person when they started asking me if I was a travel agent because I knew "fare code" speak.LOL

Safe Travels.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:40 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Back in 2004-2005, when I was just a "normal" WorldPerks member, I actually found and purchased a large container of Spinzels. If that isn't a sign, I don't know what is.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by n301dp
Back in 2004-2005, when I was just a "normal" WorldPerks member, I actually found and purchased a large container of Spinzels. If that isn't a sign, I don't know what is.
In the Twin Cities, they used to (still do?) sell the large tubs at Menards.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 1:25 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
In YOW when the agents would ask me if my upgrade cleared a week earlier or that they were looking forward to seeing me the following week.

Or in SFO (with Delta though) where I don't even need to give my name, flight or destinationt to the check-in agents.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
In the Twin Cities, they used to (still do?) sell the large tubs at Menards.
I think a Menards expedition is in order post-snowstorm.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by DanTravels
When did you begin to assume it's just a little?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I'm not sure if this is a you're flying on NWA too much thread or FT too much, but when you start talking in airline/FT talk (i.e. EUA, UG, WL, FC, Y, F, BUMP, GA, TA, FA, etc) and they just give you wierd looks and laugh.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Where do I start? Was it when the agents at my home airport said they would just "trust me" for my China visa? Or when I started asking agents about which crew members would serve which section of BF? When an agent at PVG started recognizing me by name? All I know is that for me it is the people that made the red tail the best way to cross the Pacific.
I can not remeber the last time I showed my id at home.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by uavking
I think a Menards expedition is in order post-snowstorm.
God I'm really tempted to drive down to my local Menards right now.

Not gonna lie, I miss Spinzels.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Boarding at MHT on the pm DTW flight with 2 colleagues and the GA says to me "Mr AvidFlyer you have a great flight and we will see you next week". Colleagues look at me in the Jetway and say "you're kidding right? They know you by name and when your next flight is?!" Then as we sit down in 1A/B/C a Bloody Mary is placed on my console and the FA (who I now know very well) says "I figured it was the usual". Colleagues bust out laughing...yea I think that was when I realized...that or my second set of SWU's!
Old Dec 18, 2008, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by kcnwa

Thats crazy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.