Wiki Posts
Search

can I use nwa e-cert on Delta.com?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
can I use nwa e-cert on Delta.com?

it would be cool if we can. It seems like Delta flights sold on NWA.com cost differently than delta flights sold on delta.com.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 3:33 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
we wish... it would be nice, but thats one of the items in the Gap Analysis between NWA.com and Delta.com... there is a major lack of electronic certificate usability in the later. Plus going with Deltamatic, as has been mentioned, that usability will be farther out into the future...

Originally Posted by amtrakusa
it would be cool if we can. It seems like Delta flights sold on NWA.com cost differently than delta flights sold on delta.com.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 4:14 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by thezipper
we wish... it would be nice, but thats one of the items in the Gap Analysis between NWA.com and Delta.com... there is a major lack of electronic certificate usability in the later. Plus going with Deltamatic, as has been mentioned, that usability will be farther out into the future...
Just wonder *if* the nwa site format and all it's bells and whistles becomes the future one, whether they'll have that feature in the not so far future.

Guess we have to stay tuned and not get excited. <lol>

Bob H
Old Nov 5, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Can we use e-cert to buy Delta flights on nwa.com? Are all the flights codeshare now?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 8:53 am

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Thinking yes

I'm thinking yes on that one. Probably good for anything purchased on nwa.com
Old Nov 5, 2008, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yarhead
I'm thinking yes on that one. Probably good for anything purchased on nwa.com
still not exactly the same. I wanted to purchase BWI-SEA. Delta.com has the flights I want at $220. On the otherhand, nwa.com does not have these particular flights, even though it has a lot of other Delta flights.

Not sure if this is only a bug or things will improve little by little.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I think with DL flights showing up on nwa.com this is becoming more possible. However, they may book into different fare classes. Flights on nwa.com are not showing NW coded DL operated, but DL operated/coded flights outright but that doesn't mean the same fare class and fare ($) is the same on nwa.com and dl.com.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 7:22 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I think with DL flights showing up on nwa.com this is becoming more possible.
It is possible. I just did it. The DL flight I wanted is the same price on nwa.com as on delta.com. I booked on nwa.com and was able to use my ecv.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Richard1148
It is possible. I just did it. The DL flight I wanted is the same price on nwa.com as on delta.com. I booked on nwa.com and was able to use my ecv.
Did you do a fare search on dl.com to see if the fare was different? Either way, this increases options for dl flights with NW ECV's.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, UA, AS, DL. HH diamond, IHG Platinum
so is there a definite answer on using NWA ecerts for delta now that the merger is going on? I have a flight I want to book on nwa.com, and there are options for 1/2 delta (inbound) and 1/2 nw (outbound) or all delta flights, but I want to buy and use a NWA ecert to knock some of the price down. Will the ecert work on any flight on nwa.com, or only flights with all legs on NW?
Old Mar 6, 2009, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angelsgirl85
so is there a definite answer on using NWA ecerts for delta now that the merger is going on? I have a flight I want to book on nwa.com, and there are options for 1/2 delta (inbound) and 1/2 nw (outbound) or all delta flights, but I want to buy and use a NWA ecert to knock some of the price down. Will the ecert work on any flight on nwa.com, or only flights with all legs on NW?

I think as long as the the ticket is on NWA.com, you can use it. Unless there are extra conditions on your e-cert, for example, use only on NWA/Continental/KLM flights, etc.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any updates on this? I wanted to use an ecert and a $$ 006 travel voucher at the same time, but couldnt because ecerts are only good on nwa.com and 006 vouchers only good on delta.com. I thought the backend was all the same thing now?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Combinable or not?

NW's ECV terms indicates vouchers are not combinable. ECV for Delta are. As NW's term for ECV now allow for ticketing on DL as well (at nwa.com), am hopeful NW will allow for combinability in the future..... Of course, we are talking about Delta controlling the stake....

Jiburi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.