Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DOJ approves the merger!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2008, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thezipper
Boys and Girls... with this little tidbit you better get your awards booked and fast! If you've been reading the DL board about the new 3-tier award system, there's nary a 25k award to be had anymore... talk about dilution!
One of the worst parts of the merger. And it irritates the heck out of me that DL mgmt keeps touting it as a new and improved feature.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Simple people think that today's changes are the end game, whereas they're simply the start of the next crisis & round of changes.
Well said.

Is the general concensus officially to start using up those NWA miles? With only 61,000...I had hopes of getting 75,000 to at least have a chance of riding up front on a 330 for the first time, maybe to HNL, but maybe now is the time to take what I can get.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum Elite; Marriott Platinum
Question Merger Complete

Well here we go, anybody else getting that “first hill of the rollercoaster” feeling?
I’m keeping an eye out for any changes, good or bad. I’m on at least two flights a week and will be interested in how quickly things happen.All the news seems to say the changes will be very gradual.

I’d love to hear from anyone who notices any changes.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL PM/Sky Club/Marriott Gold
SEC Filing Form 25 regarding cessation of name/stock

NOTIFICATION OF REMOVAL FROM LISTING AND/OR REGISTRATION UNDER SECTION 12(b) OF THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934.

Commission File Number 001-15285

Issuer: NORTHWEST AIRLINES CORP
Exchange: NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE INC

[and from the bottom of the form...]

"...Each share of Common Stock of Northwest Airlines Corporation was converted into 1.25 shares of Common Stock of Delta Air Lines, Inc. The Exchange also notifies the Securities and Exchange Commission that as a result of the above indicated conditions this security was suspended from trading on October 30, 2008. "

Here is the URL with the full text of the filing:

http://ir.nwa.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=11...dHRhY2g9T04%3d
Old Oct 30, 2008, 7:45 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
a sad day all around .... my stock certificate will always hang on my office wall... NWA may be "gone" but never forgotten... salut

Originally Posted by optimist1125
NOTIFICATION OF REMOVAL FROM LISTING AND/OR REGISTRATION UNDER SECTION 12(b) OF THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Isn't there one step to clear? Isn't there a court court case in CA?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 7:59 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
nope... they "settled" for an undisclosed amount the day before...

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Isn't there one step to clear? Isn't there a court court case in CA?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I had not heard about the approval until someone at the airport told me the news yesterday. Then he asked if I knew what Delta stands for?

D on't
E ver
L eave
T he
A irport
Old Oct 30, 2008, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
A rather odd accusation, in my case.
I can't believe someone accused you of this. Strangely, I am not a fan of her.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 6:41 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by thezipper
nope... they "settled" for an undisclosed amount the day before...
I had been wondering, too. Any links out there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.