Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Elite Card & Luggage Tag?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:52 am

Programs: NW GE, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Platinum
Got my SE card 2/26, but no tags. Are they only sent to GE and PE members?
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jtromb33
Got my SE card 2/26, but no tags. Are they only sent to GE and PE members?
Yes, tags are for GE and PE only.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: NWA Plat, Hilton Gold, NWA WorldClubs
My GE card and tag arrived yesterday, 2/27 in Eagan MN.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by GBadger
Yes, tags are for GE and PE only.
At least golds get them. Over at AA, for example, they go only to exec plats (100 kmiles/kpoints/segs).
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Uh, what are these drinks coupons?

IIRC, all my plat credentials contained was my new card and two luggage tags. No plastic thingies or any coupons. I'd better check when I get back home, but I usually have an eagle eye for that sort of thing.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:33 pm
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by Mill Creek Don
In the late 90's, DL gave those buckle-straps with their Medallion luggage tags. I lost a couple of tags because they never held together. Pray that DL managed to finally go through their entire inventory.
I lost a couple of AA AC tags and an EA IC tag from those buckle straps breaking. The leather ones dried out and rotted and the plastic ones cracked. I don't know if there's a practical, ideal material to use for that purpose, but my FT tags straps seem to be holding up better than most, same for the straps they provide in the WCs a few years ago.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:40 pm
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by BigLar

IIRC, all my plat credentials contained was my new card and two luggage tags. No plastic thingies or any coupons. I'd better check when I get back home, but I usually have an eagle eye for that sort of thing.
PEs were given four drink/snack coupons this year, I think it was mainly because of the complaints that they didn't get free drinks, snacks, or 1K miles for sitting in the CRJ seats, so they should have been in the PE packet.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by BigLar

I missed the drink coupons in my package as well. I read about them on here yesterday and looked at the mailer again and found them. Another day or so and the mailer would've be in the trash.

The coupons are printed on an insert that is mixed in with the other marketing collateral. I don't read the marketing stuff and the goodies did not jump out at me like the card and luggage tags.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by macoz
I missed the drink coupons in my package as well. I read about them on here yesterday and looked at the mailer again and found them. Another day or so and the mailer would've be in the trash.
Another reason to keep reading FlyerTalk! ^
Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta DM 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP, Accor Gold
Still no PE pack in Seattle

Originally Posted by Yaatri
No. Four Plats at one address. Two PR packets received last week, One today. One still awaited.
The mail has already come today, and still no PE pack in Seattle. I am leaving tomorrow for a two-week trip. Perhaps my new card and tags will be awaiting upon my return.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Everyone can now rest easy. This elite has received his packet (and three weeks earlier than last year ^).
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Supposedly mine arrived at home this week in Philly (I haven't been home since Sunday!)
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:26 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
No 2008 elite packet for this Plat yet.

Mrs MKEbound and Little MKEbound, both Silver, got their's over 2 weeks ago!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: NW Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Nothing here yet in NYC for this Plat.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by ed1
PEs were given four drink/snack coupons this year, I think it was mainly because of the complaints that they didn't get free drinks, snacks, or 1K miles for sitting in the CRJ seats, so they should have been in the PE packet.
Not all PE's received them -- I did, my wife didn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.