Wiki Posts
Search

Denied mileage !

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2001, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Denied mileage !

Can anybody shed any light on this?
I did the following mileage run last month.
pdx - sea - dtw - mco - dtw - sea - pdx
My WP account shows the following.
On the dtw - sea return leg it states reason for miles not credited 'Duplicate Origin or Destination'
I have tried calling WP service line but keep getting 'Its not possible to answer your call at this time - Plse try later'

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 11-10-2001).]
Old Nov 10, 2001, 11:31 am

The WP Service Center folks are very good about looking into things like this and getting the *real* miles posted. Hang in there and try calling at off-peak hours.
Old Nov 10, 2001, 8:08 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Here's one trick, when you call and it prompts for your WP #, just hit 0 and the # sign and it will re-prompt, do it again, and then the system typically goes to a cust service rep. Hope this helps you get to them a bit quicker.
Old Nov 10, 2001, 8:10 pm

I have experienced the same. According to customer service, it has something to do with going through the same hub within a 24-hour period, which I find hard to believe.

My original itinerary was CLE-DTW-STL-MEM-BNA-MEM-DTW-CLE

Flown was CLE-IND-MEM-BNA-DTW-CLE

Both BNA-MEM and MEM-DTW had the error attatched to it, but not DTW-CLE - possibly because it was a CO flight. Your best bet is explaining it fully to WorldPerks via e-mail and they will straighten it out. I called and the agent took my ticket number but that was it.
Old Nov 10, 2001, 8:42 pm

I've experienced the same thing when I flew out of MSP and back through on the same day. I expect to encounter this same problem this coming monday! The computer program has a screen to prevent duplicate mileage postings and for some reason can't discern that one traveled on different flights!

In one case about a year ago, the WP staff had to "book" the missing segment on a different day to fool the computer.

In terms of getting through to an agent....good luck, I've been getting that same message. An e-mail is a great idea.
Old Nov 11, 2001, 2:29 am

Hang in there. They will fix it. I had the same problem with lax>ams>bud>ams>nbo>mba and WP came up short, but later fixed it with no problems (no boarding passes or t. receipts). Only a short talk with a WP rep., and the miles showed up three days later.
Old Nov 11, 2001, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all for advice and remedy.
I need every mile to get to my target status for '01. This weeks run pdx - fll will bring me to within 1000 status miles of target.

- a little closer to Gold -

Edited to add: Spoke with WP service rep. Manually credited the miles. Should post within 2 days.

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 11-12-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.