FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Denied mileage ! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/71734-denied-mileage.html)

RDY3238 Nov 10, 2001 11:23 am

Denied mileage !

Can anybody shed any light on this?
I did the following mileage run last month.
pdx - sea - dtw - mco - dtw - sea - pdx
My WP account shows the following.
On the dtw - sea return leg it states reason for miles not credited 'Duplicate Origin or Destination'
I have tried calling WP service line but keep getting 'Its not possible to answer your call at this time - Plse try later'

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 11-10-2001).]

B747-437B Nov 10, 2001 11:31 am

The WP Service Center folks are very good about looking into things like this and getting the *real* miles posted. Hang in there and try calling at off-peak hours.

thezipper Nov 10, 2001 8:08 pm

Here's one trick, when you call and it prompts for your WP #, just hit 0 and the # sign and it will re-prompt, do it again, and then the system typically goes to a cust service rep. Hope this helps you get to them a bit quicker.

TimCLE Nov 10, 2001 8:10 pm

I have experienced the same. According to customer service, it has something to do with going through the same hub within a 24-hour period, which I find hard to believe.

My original itinerary was CLE-DTW-STL-MEM-BNA-MEM-DTW-CLE

Flown was CLE-IND-MEM-BNA-DTW-CLE

Both BNA-MEM and MEM-DTW had the error attatched to it, but not DTW-CLE - possibly because it was a CO flight. Your best bet is explaining it fully to WorldPerks via e-mail and they will straighten it out. I called and the agent took my ticket number but that was it.

hobson Nov 10, 2001 8:42 pm

I've experienced the same thing when I flew out of MSP and back through on the same day. I expect to encounter this same problem this coming monday! The computer program has a screen to prevent duplicate mileage postings and for some reason can't discern that one traveled on different flights!

In one case about a year ago, the WP staff had to "book" the missing segment on a different day to fool the computer.

In terms of getting through to an agent....good luck, I've been getting that same message. An e-mail is a great idea.

Capo Craig Nov 11, 2001 2:29 am

Hang in there. They will fix it. I had the same problem with lax>ams>bud>ams>nbo>mba and WP came up short, but later fixed it with no problems (no boarding passes or t. receipts). Only a short talk with a WP rep., and the miles showed up three days later.

RDY3238 Nov 11, 2001 1:40 pm

Thanks to all for advice and remedy.
I need every mile to get to my target status for '01. This weeks run pdx - fll will bring me to within 1000 status miles of target.

- a little closer to Gold -

Edited to add: Spoke with WP service rep. Manually credited the miles. Should post within 2 days.

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 11-12-2001).]