Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Coach Vs. NW Coach

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2006, 6:14 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
I would venture to say that the meal quality diffrences that I experienced had more to do with what airline wanted to spend more money on meals than anything else.

I thought I might entertain everyone with my experiences with NWA on my overseas flight last week. This was the first time I have used NWA internationally since 1996.
First, I did get upgraded both ways using my CO onepass miles (standard award level) and I have to give kudos to OP for getting the upgrades. (As an aside, I have yet to have a problem using OP for either international upgrades or awards.) My flights were from EWR to AMS and CDG to DTW. I think that the A330s were very nice, clean new planes. The lie flat seats were nice to sleep in and somewhat more comfortable than CO 777 BF seat, but I think that this comparison is a wash between the two airlines. What was surprising to me was that I was not able to lie flat in my seat without getting my feet caught under the seat in front of me. I am tall and I didn't have this problem going to AMS since I had a bulkhead seat, but coming back I was in row three, and I discovered this problem at that time.
The AVOD was outstanding. It beats the pants off of CO's 2nd generation system. (Aside, I do hear CO is replacing its system, first on 757's).
The food. Well, the food was not very good. This is the one place that NW needs to address. People who spend lots of money to fly up front should not have to eat a main course that would not have served in coach a decade ago. This is strictly a money issue and NW needs to address this. CO BF food is far superior both in content and presentation. Service was excellent on both flights going and coming.
Overall, I would say that WBC is a good service on the 330's. The value was even better given how reasonable the B fares were. I would certainly take it in the future.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 6:26 am

I was on NW 67 last Thursday from AMS to DTW in 10H. Best seat in the
house apart from WBC. But they wouldn't upgrade me, even though I speak
Dutch ( which everyone says is helpful ). I was the second guy to ask, the
first one got the upgrade. No complaints here, fair is fair.
Food was Bertolli chicken or pasta. I chose the chicken. IMHO not the worst
airline food I ever had. On a scale of 1-10 it rates a 7. So, nothing to complain about under the circumstances.
I flew KL once in coach up front in economy at the two row seats, but service
was nothing to say anything good about. Well, yes, they left a basket with chocolates and crackers there, which NW did not. Seats were as good/bad as
one expects. FAs were inattentive as expected, no surprise there.
Always remember : There really is no difference between any U.S. or Western
European Airlines. Better than Aeroflot any day of the week. But nothing worth mentioning compared to any Asian airline, even the ones from mainland China.
Now to go one step further, WBC in NWA is miles ahead of the KL product.
Both in quality of service as well as the comfort level in the seats.
But that's just my 5 cents ( maybe less in other currencies ) worth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.