Wiki Posts
Search

NW online booking/ check in bonus

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2005, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,UA
NW online booking/ check in bonus

Can someone tell me if the NW online booking and check in bonus is earned once in a lifetime, once in a year or every time you book and check in at nwa.com.
Old May 31, 2005, 11:05 pm

Once in a lifetime (the first time you use each service, that is), at this point.
Old May 31, 2005, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,UA
Well I thought it was the first time you use each of the services in a calender year. a look at my world perks account shows one booking bonus each year . I might be lucky then.
Old May 31, 2005, 11:42 pm

No, not officially. But with all the database tweaks and various promotions they've been running over the years, you may have just gotten lucky. Maybe it was that bonus for first time checking in for an international flight via nwa.com?
Old Jun 1, 2005, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
I think we all just lucked out one year:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ighlight=bonus

Either way, it's officially a one-time bonus, but hand it to NW to let another 1k slip into our accounts.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 6:56 am
RTG

Programs: SWA - DL - Diamond - 1MM, A List, Marriott - Plat - Lifetime, AmEx - Plat, AAA, Avis - Preferred
My take is that it is a one time deal unless it is tied to a particular promotion.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:40 am

I have a different question. Is it per person or per reservation reference code?
Old Jun 1, 2005, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by xzhang
I have a different question. Is it per person or per reservation reference code?
I don't know of any domestic OLCI bonuses right now, but it is per person.

Originally Posted by nwa.com
#
# Each person checking in on an international reservation may qualify for Bonus Miles.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 10:59 am

Clarification of the terms

I've been trying to understand the terms of this bonus, but the web site is very confusing.

I recently booked and purchased a flight on nwa.com for the very first time.
The flights were actually on KLM within Europe (but I'm US based). I did on-line check-in for the flights, but I couldn't do that on the nwa.com web site - I had to use the KLM web site.

Does this or does this NOT qualify for the 1000 mile bonus?

I asked NW by email (along with another question) and got the answer, "No", but without any answer to the other question. I asked by phone and got
the answer, "Yes", but from an agent who was very rude - just said wait for the 8 weeks to see if it posts, and didn't let me even say that the flights were KLM metal and KLM flight numbers, not NW metal. She kept interrupting me and answering the question she thought I asked, without letting me finish the whole question. (By the way - the 2nd question was resolved by a different VERY nice phone agent.)

The web site descriptions just doesn't seem very clear.

It's only 1000 miles - not a whole bunch, but I'ld like to know one way or the other. Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by adzel
I've been trying to understand the terms of this bonus, but the web site is very confusing.

I recently booked and purchased a flight on nwa.com for the very first time.
The flights were actually on KLM within Europe (but I'm US based). I did on-line check-in for the flights, but I couldn't do that on the nwa.com web site - I had to use the KLM web site.

Does this or does this NOT qualify for the 1000 mile bonus?

I asked NW by email (along with another question) and got the answer, "No", but without any answer to the other question. I asked by phone and got
the answer, "Yes", but from an agent who was very rude - just said wait for the 8 weeks to see if it posts, and didn't let me even say that the flights were KLM metal and KLM flight numbers, not NW metal. She kept interrupting me and answering the question she thought I asked, without letting me finish the whole question. (By the way - the 2nd question was resolved by a different VERY nice phone agent.)

The web site descriptions just doesn't seem very clear.

It's only 1000 miles - not a whole bunch, but I'ld like to know one way or the other. Thanks.
The terms state that you need to have used nwa.com check-in for NW flights only:

Originally Posted by nwa.com
Promotion applicable for customers who complete the check-in process through nwa.com check-in for Northwest operated flights only. Changing your reservation after checking in for your flight will result in promotional disqualification.
If you get them, you get them. If not, no big loss. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.