Wiki Posts
Search

Which hotel at Stockholm Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2023, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Which hotel at Stockholm Airport?

Looking at booking a hotel for an overnight stay at Stockholm Arlanda (ARN) airport.

Will probably book something in the Strawberry fold as they're offering some bonus points etc. and I'm a member.
Choices seem to be the Clarion for around 2100SEK or the Comfort Hotel Arlanda for around 1796SEK.

Did consider heading into the city, but arriving at 8:30pm (don't need to leave until 11am or so anyway, so nice and relaxing). City centre hotel + train roughly the same price as staying at the airport. Going to be dark, and not much time in the morning to do much anyway.

Both hotels mentioned above seem to give the impression that they're walkable to Terminals 4/5. Going to have a backpack so don't mind a walk rather than a potential shuttle bus should the weather be nice.

Don't know if the Clarion offers anything for the extra 400SEK (sure I've stayed in a Comfort hotel at OSL airport?).

Any preferences?
Dining not bothered about, although breakfast would be nice as I've got plenty of time to enjoy it.
The Comfort hotel mentions a gym and a laundry which would be useful, and breakfast is included. Seems to be more walkable?
Old Oct 12, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by xenole
Looking at booking a hotel for an overnight stay at Stockholm Arlanda (ARN) airport.
We stayed at the Clarion and liked it. It was a quick overnight stay for an early morning flight, nice quiet hotel, decent airport views, and we walked to our terminal.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 7:52 pm

I have used the Comfort for a few ex EU flights and it's absolutely fine.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:39 pm

Over a decade ago, I arrived after midnight and didn't want to trek to my central hotel and pay for an extra night that I would only use for 10-ish hours, so I chose the JumboStay, mostly for the novelty and to burn some expiring Expedia points.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:45 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Both Clarion and Comfort are definitely walkable with the Clarion being slightly closer. Both are fairly new and last time I stayed at the Clarion is was quite pleasant.

The Radisson Blu Skycity is the only hotel inside the terminal (which can be a consideration if you're travelling in winter), Radisson Blue Arlandia is usually cheaper but involves a 10 min walk / trip in the carpark bus, there's a couple of others with shuttle services (such as Good Morning Arlanda which could be described as basic), and the cheapest (most of the time) is Fornom Apartments (next to Radisson Blue Arlandia).
Old Oct 17, 2023, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Both the Clarion and Radisson Blu Sky City are both inside Sky City. The Clarion is about 75 paces down the same hallway from the Radisson. The Comfort is probably 400 paces (and two outdoor street crossings) from the Clarion.

The Comfort is very basic (but not super basic like Good Morning Arlanda--which I'd also recommend if you just need a place to shower and sleep). The drinks at Comfort were good, and the breakfast was sufficient. The Clarion has a fantastic breakfast spread, and Kitchen & Table on the top floor also has decent food and drinks.

Since you are traveling with just a backpack, I think the Comfort will be a fine choice. If I had to lug multiple checked luggage around, then I'd spring for the extra SEK 400 for the Clarion.

Edited to add: here is a thread in the SK forum that has additional information... ARN Airport Hotel recommendation
sydunipete likes this.

Last edited by pseudoswede; Oct 17, 2023 at 4:58 pm
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Clarion at ARN is my preferred hotel for staying at the airport. The Radisson Sky City is the runner up, but then I often would rather stay at a hotel near the Arlanda Express in town itself and make my flight from there. Something about the younger Comfort hotels in Scandinavia — and that includes the Comfort ARN — really don’t gel with me and so I try to avoid them in most cases.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I have a booking with the Clarion next January so to confirm it’s an easy, covered, well signposted walk from T5 Any issues with stairs as I’ll have luggage?

Will be departing from T2 the next day so again all under cover? I’ve seen estimate that it’s. 10-15 minute walk to T2.

Someone suggested the train between terminals but the walk seems easy enough and I won’t have to wrangle luggage on and off trains.if I do get the train it seems to be free?

Next summer I have a booking at the Radisson Blue. So how and where do I pick up the shuttle bus? Will be arriving and departing T2.

The departure is 07.30 so check in closes at 6.30. So I expect to leave the hotel around 05.30.

I’ve seen reports that the Pearl Lounge in T2 is closing on the 30th April 2024. Anyone heard anything about a replacement?

For January hours seem variable with priority pass saying it closes at 19.00 but Swedavia 21.00. I’d prefer the 21.00 time as I have a 20.10 BA flight to LHR!
Old Oct 28, 2023, 9:45 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
T2 to T5 (including SkyCity and the Clarion) is all connected indoors. There can be some changes in floor levels but there is always lifts or travellators. Yes the train is free between terminals, but like you I always walk - just put your luggage on the one trolley and no need to get to the station, unload, reload etc etc.

Which Radisson Blu? The Radisson Blu Sky City is in the terminal, the Radisson Blue Arlandia requires the free car park bus. To get there you will want the Alfa bus. (There are Alfa and Beta carpark buses, both painted bright yellow.) The bus stops outside T2 and T4 but there is work at the airport which seems to impact the road / bus stop locations. Just follow the signs and look for the yellow buses. Here is the bus website.

https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/tra...t-the-airport/
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Many thanks sydunipete

It’s the Arlanda Raddison not the one in the terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.