ARN Airport Hotel recommendation

Old Jul 24, 18, 3:47 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
ARN Airport Hotel recommendation

Hello guys and girls

Ill be arriving in ARN at around 10pm coming from Sogndal and there I will stay for a night and then catch my connection flight to ZRH the next day at around 18:00 (beginning of my LX F journes *girly scream of excitement*).
Ive planned this long layover so that in an emergency I could also take the bus/train from norway as to not miss the flight to ZRH at all costs.

What hotel would you suggest? Ive been looking at the two Radisson Blue hotels directly at the airport, but Im open for suggestions (even of they are in the city)! What should or could I do during the day? Are there any must dos in Stockholm? Can i visit the SAS Lounge in the city with a same day Business Class Ticket?
Id like to be back at the airport at around 15-16:00 to meet up with friends.

Im looking forward to youre suggestions!
Old Jul 24, 18, 4:38 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Hello guys and girls

Ill be arriving in ARN at around 10pm coming from Sogndal and there I will stay for a night and then catch my connection flight to ZRH the next day at around 18:00 (beginning of my LX F journes *girly scream of excitement*).
Ive planned this long layover so that in an emergency I could also take the bus/train from norway as to not miss the flight to ZRH at all costs.

What hotel would you suggest? Ive been looking at the two Radisson Blue hotels directly at the airport, but Im open for suggestions (even of they are in the city)! What should or could I do during the day? Are there any must dos in Stockholm? Can i visit the SAS Lounge in the city with a same day Business Class Ticket?
Id like to be back at the airport at around 15-16:00 to meet up with friends.

Im looking forward to youre suggestions!
If you want to look a bit at the city the next day, I would take a hotel in town. Take a boat tour around the city and enjoy the view from the water side, a really pleasant way to get to know the city from the water side. Take a walk in the old city, have coffee and cake somewhere in Sdermalm.

My personal favourites for hotels in Stockholm are Rival, Clarion Sign, Grand Hotel, Radisson Strand Hotel. Though here I have to remark that I never paid myself, and they can be quite expensive. So look before booking, they can also come very decently priced.
Old Jul 24, 18, 7:43 pm

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
If at the airport, I would go for the Radisson SkyCity for pure convenience. The Arlandia one is okay too (and usually a bit cheaper), but located on a field a bit off-site so there is nothing around.
If heading into town, I would suggest the Hilton Slussen, especially as it has nice views (if on the correct side of the building, that is). However, I am not sure I would be bothered going further after a 10pm arrival if I did not have to.
Old Jul 24, 18, 10:45 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Can i visit the SAS Lounge in the city with a same day Business Class Ticket?
These lounges are gone since last year.
Old Jul 24, 18, 11:53 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: SK EBD/baEC G/MR PP/A3 *G/AA G/CC G/HH G/IHG Spire
Or add some memories and stay at the Jumbo stay I stayed there on a mileage run and it was fun. Not a full service hotel but very fun IMO.

I slept in the engine
bart simpson and AStarr like this.
Old Jul 25, 18, 6:45 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
The Radisson SKy City is a good choice. They have 4 rooms with unobstructed view to the airfield between terminal 4 and 5. Most of the rest of the rooms has a view to the Sky City. I've been staying there roughly 3 days every month for the last 2 years, and the menu in the On My Way restaurant or any other restaurants in the Sky City hasn't change at all during this time.

There are a couple of Radisson hotels close to the Central station in Stockholm. It takes about 20 between the Central station and the Airport with the Airport express train. It runs every 15 min. most of the day and cost 560SEK for a return as far as I remember. Just be aware. Train problems are not uncommon in SE, and when they happen, everything stops. There is also the Airport bus which also runs ever 15 min. most day and cost 280SEK for a return as far as I remember, but it take 30-60 min. depending on the traffic.

Alternative the is the Clarion next to the Radisson Sky City. The top floors still has a great view of the airport.
Old Jul 26, 18, 3:04 am

The Clarion is IMHO much nicer than the Radisson hotels at ARN, although the walk to and from the Clarion is probably 32 seconds longer than the walk to the Radisson Sky City ...

If doing this with baggage, it's much better to choose a hotel at the airport. You can check in your bags when you leave the hotel in the morning. Why drag bags round-trip to the city and back just to sleep a few hours?
Old Jul 26, 18, 3:33 am

Scandic hotel Upplands Vsby! Good price and just a short taxi drive from ARN.
Old Jul 26, 18, 5:57 am

Programs: SK *G
Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
Or add some memories and stay at the Jumbo stay I stayed there on a mileage run and it was fun. Not a full service hotel but very fun IMO.

I slept in the engine
Thanks for posting this. I have always wanted to try a night there but never heard much about it. Could be fun to manage with the kids if we need to overnight, but can stick the wife in the Clarion as I doubt she would be interested:-)
Old Jul 26, 18, 7:07 am

As an aircraft nut, take the cockpit suite
Old Jul 26, 18, 7:29 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles Diamond, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Radisson Blu SkyCity for convenience followed by Radisson Blu Arlandia (take a Superior room or risk getting stuck with a single bed).

I wouldn't stay at the Clarion again if they'd pay me, what a dump.
Old Jul 26, 18, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
Radisson Blu SkyCity for convenience followed by Radisson Blu Arlandia (take a Superior room or risk getting stuck with a single bed).

+1. SkyCity is my first choice, followed by Arlandia. I have a very strong dislike of Scandic (even worse I'm on a project where we spend many many night in Scandics... booked nd piad by client... *urgs* Just very few Scandics are decent enough, but then they are too expensive for what they offer, e.g. the Kista Tower or HEL AviaCongress) and so far have to experience a Clarion I like.... perhaps the CPH (ex-Hilton) one. But even there, I heard people said it went downhill after Clarion took over.
Old Jul 27, 18, 4:25 am

Programs: EuroBonus, Miles & More, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, AVIS preferred, and others
Originally Posted by RedChili View Post
If doing this with baggage, it's much better to choose a hotel at the airport. You can check in your bags when you leave the hotel in the morning. Why drag bags round-trip to the city and back just to sleep a few hours?
The hotels normally offer to store you luggage for up to 24 hours after you check out. I use this quite a lot as I hate to drag my suitcase to client meetings.
Old Jul 30, 18, 5:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
I kind of like the Clarion, stayed there twice.... the Radisson if often available for the 80 CARLSONF rate most of the time, but if not I take the Clarion.
Old Jul 30, 18, 7:13 am

CARLSONF doesn't work anymore. Seems after they changed to the Radisson Rewards.

Search this Thread