Wiki Posts
Search

Short connection at CPH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2023, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Short connection at CPH

My parents will be flying YYZ-CPH-SIN and their connection time at CPH has just been reduced to 70min. This is their first trip abroad. How tight will this connection be? The airline didn't really have any better alternatives to offer. They will be flying in J if that matters.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 11:43 am

If the whole itinerary is on a single ticket that doesn't sound too tight connection. I think there is a security check since the first flight is coming from outside the EU, but otherwise it should be fairly simple airside transfer with quite short distances as the both flights use the C gates (= non-Schengen area of CPH). So, assuming the first flight is not severly delayed I see no need to worry. And if the first flight arrives too late, I'm sure the airlines will make their best to figure out an alternative routing to get the pax to their final destination.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hezu
If the whole itinerary is on a single ticket that doesn't sound too tight connection. I think there is a security check since the first flight is coming from outside the EU, but otherwise it should be fairly simple airside transfer with quite short distances as the both flights use the C gates (= non-Schengen area of CPH). So, assuming the first flight is not severly delayed I see no need to worry. And if the first flight arrives too late, I'm sure the airlines will make their best to figure out an alternative routing to get the pax to their final destination.
it's all on the same ticket but it seems they land at Terminal 2 and depart at Terminal 3. Looks like they'll have to clear immigration and security as well...
Old Nov 4, 2023, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by YYZ1313
it's all on the same ticket but it seems they land at Terminal 2 and depart at Terminal 3. Looks like they'll have to clear immigration and security as well...
The airside of CPH is a single entity, the distinction of two different terminals applies only for the check-in areas. And the flights from and to non-Schengen airports (like YYZ and SIN) arrive and depart from a separate airside pier that hosts C gates. There is a passport control between this pier and the rest of the airport, but on itinerary like this there is no need to go thru the passport control and enter the Schengen area.
YYZ1313 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hezu
The airside of CPH is a single entity, the distinction of two different terminals applies only for the check-in areas. And the flights from and to non-Schengen airports (like YYZ and SIN) arrive and depart from a separate airside pier that hosts C gates. There is a passport control between this pier and the rest of the airport, but on itinerary like this there is no need to go thru the passport control and enter the Schengen area.
Perfect. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.