Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inspirato

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i stayed in rebuilt great house but could have stayed in interior very private bali house.

necker, lodge, son bunyola, moskito are not hotels. necker, lodge primarily exclusive-use.

not sure re actual structural damage to bedrooms from irma. especially rebuilt great house, and the interior bali house which may have been sheltered some.

he sold a few residences on moskito and some of the owners will rent them out at much better rates vs branson's, not sure how to book.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 30, 2017 at 2:40 pm
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, , AA Gold, Bonvoy Titaniu
An advertisement for Inspirato popped up on my FaceBook feed. A quick search brought me here. If the company is advertising on FB, my guess is any "invitation only" style of membership is over and the company is now in the working hard to gain more initial fees part of the growth cycle. It seems to me that companies structured like Inspirato (basically, the time share model of big upfront cost) inevitably suffer from a deteriorating product over time.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
If the company is advertising on FB, my guess is any "invitation only" style of membership is over and the company is now in the working hard to gain more initial fees part of the growth cycle.

Based on the extent to which I cannot get them to remove me from their contact list, I agree. They're just auto sent to spam
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:19 am

I am also contacted constantly by them, trying to get me to join immediately based on the latest great offer for free TUMI luggage or a $2,000 Nordstrom gift card or a free trip. I've also been contacted twice in the last two months asking for a personal meeting. Funny thing is that they might have had a member if they had extended the same offer to me as a Centurion that they handed out to some AmEx Cents and Platinums a few years back, but they would not budge on that.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:30 pm

And just in ... the latest offer is to join and receive a free Peloton bike. I wonder if they just keep offering different free gifts assuming that one day they will hit someone's impulse button.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
An an Inspirato member, I can say that they are the furthest thing from a time share company. I have my complaints and issues with them (see upthread a bit), but the quality of their lodgings are pure luxury. You can quibble with some of the locations with respect to a beach or a slope, but almost never with the quality of the lodging. I don't know many time share companies that consistently offer $2-5M homes.

Btw, the gifts they offer almost all come from their partnerships- several of which are almost worth the annual cost on their own.

I constantly waver with my membership, but primarily because I don't yet have free time 12 months a year. When the kids are both in college, I anticipate loving my membership.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SusanDK
And just in ... the latest offer is to join and receive a free Peloton bike. I wonder if they just keep offering different free gifts assuming that one day they will hit someone's impulse button.
Well, you seem, for seem reason to be consistently interested in this product, so I'm guessing at some point they are going to hit your button. Your continued intrigue with what they are offering would imply they must at least be on the right path, no?

Regards
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Well, you seem, for seem reason to be consistently interested in this product, so I'm guessing at some point they are going to hit your button. Your continued intrigue with what they are offering would imply they must at least be on the right path, no?

Regards
I am mildly interested, yes, because I enjoy a quality hotel / vacation experience that is consistent and with good customer service. However, as mentioned up thread, I'm not certain it is a worthwhile membership for a couple without children or extended family since we do not have the need for the larger homes.

I was very interested in giving it a try when the initiation fee was waived for some AmEx members, however, I am not inclined to joining under the current terms or offers I've seen because I do not believe we'd get the value from it when adding in the initiation fee to the annual fee. I have no interest in gifts of high-end luggage or department store gift cards or an exercise bike, nor unlikely any other gifts being offered for joining. My most recent comments in this thread were in response to travellingcari's post about the amount of email solicitations being sent, and I've merely echoed that.

I keep an eye on this thread in case there is ever a change in the offer to AmEx members, or if some other information comes along that will change my decision about joining.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Hi everyone, as both a member and ambassador of Inspirato, I thought I'd provide an update on the club. First off, as the club has matured to over 17,000 members and is now profitable, there is no longer a relationship with American Express. So, I'll leave it to the moderators to decide if this should get moved to a different forum. In fact, while there used to be a discount on initiation and annual dues for paying with an AMEX, there is now a 5% discount for members on actual travel when paying with a bank account instead of a credit card.

There are now over 1,200 vacation options, including 355 homes, over 700 hotels, and 160 experiences (Masters, Kentucky Derby, US Open, Wimbledon, Safaris, Luxury Cruises, etc). There are 208 destinations currently served, with more coming in this Tuesday's new property/destination announcement (50+ vacation options are being unveiled).

As of January 2018, there are now two ways to travel; guest and member. Up until recently, you had to be a member or traveling with a member. But Inspirato knows that some people just don't want to pay initiation fees and dues. Now that the number of properties has grown so much, non-members of the club can stay at many (but not all) Inspirato properties. They will pay a significantly higher rate than members do, but it allows people to travel with Inspirato if they don't seem themselves traveling enough to make membership worthwhile, or if they'd just like to take advantage of an Inspirato residence for a one-time use. Here is a link for more information: Introducing Inspirato Guest Travel Inspirato In The Details

There are still three tiers of membership; Key, Family and Executive. Initiation dues are 10k, 20k and 35k respectively with $3,500 annual dues across the board.

Here is a link to the latest club info and profile: https://cms-admin.inspirato.com/medi...018-4-2-18.pdf

If anyone has any specific questions regarding the club, please do not hesitate to let me know. My wife, 4 kids and I have been members since 2014 and have taken over 20 trips since then. We have thoroughly enjoyed our experience, and Inspirato has been life-changing for us. While nothing is ever perfect and Inspirato certainly isn't for everyone, the club definitely works for us and the way we like to travel.
Old May 17, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
considering inspirato membership

I've been looking into the Inspirato membership and just read today about the invited guest program. I'd love if a current member could send me an invite, you'd get $1,000 credit and I get to try the club with no-risk. Sounds good to me. Can a member send me a DM?
Old May 17, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone heard types of deals they do with homeowners?
or communities/destinations they currently would like?
"variety of lease agreements and net rate booking agreements"

355 homes - all leased?
for 17,000 members and "many" open to nonmembers.
many owned by members, wonder how many founder/equity

opening to nonmembers is great, interesting rates are walled

dont think it was ever marketed as invitation only, and many people misuse "timeshare" including sales people of full-ownership 365-day owner-occupancy luxury metropolitan city hotel residences.

Originally Posted by scubadu
i wanted a club that owned residences at amanresorts etc, but later concluded i doubt i will ever be in market for that price level which would be in millions when dividing each residence by say 5 members

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 21, 2018 at 10:24 am
Old May 17, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
Only invited guests can use the program for a 6 month trial I’m mostly interested in hotel villas and not the leased homes see post in the program link below
Thread wont let me post link but search Inspirato invited guest program it’s a post by the ceo introducing the program
Old May 17, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i was referring to post and link talking about nonmembers using at higher rates.

huh, only 471 employees? any information on that?
they list 82 destinations, although some clustered.

i presume no charter yachts (not cruise) because of 'no resell' terms, although some belmond france are usually charter only, example of can be done by inspirato.

executive currently says 3 "friends" join for just dues ($3500) plus send "clients" on trips

sherpareport.com/destination-clubs/destination-clubs-hurricane.html
Irma and Maria provided travel challenges with most commercial flights being booked as people evacuated areas in the paths of the hurricanes. The Inspirato team were able to leverage business partnerships to help get their people out, chartering boats when planes were unavailable.
changing subject from inspirato, one survivor in destination club industry >
has deposit, but unlimited free nights at 30 days out, from $11K per year
sherpareport.com/destination-clubs/destination-m-reservations.html
destination-m.com

edit
cruises.inspirato.com
operated by >
worldtravelholdings.com/private-label-partnerships

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 8, 2018 at 10:36 am
Old May 19, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by karaferris480
I've been looking into the Inspirato membership and just read today about the invited guest program. I'd love if a current member could send me an invite, you'd get $1,000 credit and I get to try the club with no-risk. Sounds good to me. Can a member send me a DM?
PM Sent
Old May 20, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by nddomer04
As of January 2018, there are now two ways to travel; guest and member.

There are still three tiers of membership; Key, Family and Executive. Initiation dues are 10k, 20k and 35k respectively with $3,500 annual dues across the board.
I was just looking at the updated tiers and it appears as if the Key membership does not have access to any of the Jaunt options. Is this correct?

Is the "guest" membership different than the 6-month trial that karaferris480 refers to? I assume the latter gives access to member rates. What about Jaunts?

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
changing subject from inspirato, one survivor in destination club industry >
has deposit, but unlimited free nights at 30 days out, from $11K per year
sherpareport.com/destination-clubs/destination-m-reservations.html
destination-m.com
I've been keeping an eye on this one with interest. Any idea how the unlimited free nights at <30 days out works in practice? It sounds good, but if there is limited availability, perhaps not so useful.

We are spontaneous travelers so almost always looking for short notice availability, which is why Inspirato's Jaunt options appealed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.