Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK to Hilton WTC - Taxi or Train ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2004, 10:42 am
JAP
Original Poster

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
JFK to Hilton WTC - Taxi or Train ?

Hi all,

I wondered if you could help ?

I will be arriving JFK T4 on Thanksgiving Thursday 25th Nov at around 4pm. I need to get to the Millenium Hilton. Have always taken taxis / limos before, but wondered if it might be much easier to get the train ?

I will only have one piece of handbaggage. Wondered if either option might be very much more preferable ?

Thanks in advance,

JP
Old Nov 2, 2004, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Depends.....

on how much of a rush you're in and whether USD 40-50 makes a difference to you or not.

Taking a taxi (or car service) would be the easiest and presumably traffic should not be an issue.

Train or subway would take longer. $5 shuttle train ride to the LIRR station or Howard Beach(?) subway stop. I think the A train will take you to very near the Hilton Millenium but service may be spotty (I waited over 1/2 hour on a normal weekday early afternoon for a train one summer). LIRR would require you change to a southbound train at Penn station. You could be cheaper and take a bus/subway combo for even less $.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 4:42 pm

Thanksgiving Day traffic downtown should be a breeze (traffic in midtown can be a pain because of the parade, but not downtown), so taxi or car service would be the most comfortable and almost definitely quickest. But it's $45 + tolls and tips for a taxi, or $40 + tolls and tips for a cheapo car service.

The A train option (get off at Chambers St, walk a couple blocks downtown) is certainly easy, and a lot cheaper. And if perchance you get on the wrong AirTrain and end up at Jamaica instead of Howard Beach, the E train's last stop (WTC) is right across the street from the Millenium, too. It'll just take a bit longer to get there than the A train.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.