JFK airport hotel close to Jamaica Rail station

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK airport hotel close to Jamaica Rail station

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2023, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Arrival Date Monday, March 18, 2024 Departure Date Wednesday, March 20, 2024 Rate Type Flexible Rate Room Type Standard King Average Nightly Rate $269.00 + taxes and fees
Late Checkout: 3 PM $75.00 Add-Ons
Cancellation Policy The reservation must be cancelled or modified 7 days prior to your arrival date. In the event of a Covid-19 illness or a Covid-19-related trip cancellation, the reservation must still be cancelled or modified 7 days prior to your arrival date. A $10 fee plus tax applies for any modifications and cancellations. A valid credit card is required to guarantee your reservation. A deposit in the amount of your total stay will be charged at booking. A facility fee (stated on the booking site) includes the fastest Wi-Fi in New York, unlimited local and international calls and luggage storage on arrival and departure. Check-in Time 4 PM ET Checkout Time 3 PM ET Hotel Website twahotel.com
Old Aug 16, 2023, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Still think you'd be better off staying in Manhattan (or LI City) so you don't have to schlep back and forth.
Agreed. Since OP is going into the city anyway, might as well stay around midtown for convenience. There are plenty of morning LIRR trains to Jamaica for Airtrain transfer to the terminal.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Agreed. Since OP is going into the city anyway, might as well stay around midtown for convenience. There are plenty of morning LIRR trains to Jamaica for Airtrain transfer to the terminal.
I once stayed at a JFK hotel (afternoon arrival, mid-morning departure) and was regretting it the whole time. I ended up spending a bundle on an UBER to get to what looked like a decent not terribly far away pizza place, and then went back to a hotel bar that could have been at any middle-America airport.

Airtrain/LIRR is easy, but note that you could be spending up to approximately $40 or so each RT during peak hours. Chop off $8.75x2 if you enter the LIRR right from Jamaica station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.