Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Complete Guide to EWR - Newark Liberty International Airport [OUTDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by joshwex90
In my case, I was in BRU (i.e. no free WiFi)

Does EWR have free WiFi throughout the whole airport? I've never used the WiFi because it was always way too expensive, and between 4G and lounges, never really needed it, so didn't even know they changed that
Yup, 30 minutes of free wifi, in all the terminals.

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/ewr-w...tructions.html
Old Mar 20, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: Croatia FlyOnline Buy 5 Get 1 Free
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Do you have Global Entry and Pre-Check / are you checking any bags? And what time are you arriving around?
Nope; nope; early afternoon in the middle of the week
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:59 am

Hi there, hoping for some wisdom and to put my mind at ease with respect to some flights this summer.

Flying into EWR from YOW on UA4032 arriving at 07:31, having cleared US customs in YOW.

Departing EWR to LHR on UA934 at 08:45.

2 adults and 2 kids, all with Nexus / GE (so I'm assuming we have TSE Pre-Check) with 3-4 checked bags.

Assuming all flights are on time, how tight is the connection (I'm assuming we arrive at Terminal A and depart from Terminal C, but perhaps not?)?

Most important question is will we make the connection; almost as important is will our baggage?

Thanks for all input.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
If both flights are on UA, then you can just transfer from Terminal A to C on the airside bus and shouldn't need to re-clear security and your bags will be checked through. So you have more than 60 minutes to transfer, should be fine
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:14 am

Thanks so much!
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by davidvc
Nope; nope; early afternoon in the middle of the week
Sorry for the delayed response. I think it could be tight, as security lines at EWR have been inconsistent at Terminal C (sometimes short, other times quite long), and the line to clear customs at that time of day may be long (many flights from Europe will be arriving at a similar time into Terminal B). Up to you but you will need to hustle to make sure you don't lose time. The last couple of times I have flown into Terminal B to clear customs, sometimes the domestic line for U.S. citizens (without Global Entry) can be longer to clear than the one for foreigners...
Old May 9, 2016, 6:46 am

Hi there!

Looking into buying my flights back to college, and routing through EWR seems to give the best price.
How is a 3h layover at EWR international-domestic?
More specifically, my flight from VIE arrives at 13:50 (terminal B), and my flight to MCO departs at 16:55 (terminal C). It is a single ticket, and I know I'll be rechecking my bags at EWR.
Old May 9, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by joshwex90
If both flights are on UA, then you can just transfer from Terminal A to C on the airside bus and shouldn't need to re-clear security and your bags will be checked through. So you have more than 60 minutes to transfer, should be fine
Along the same lines-I have a fully domestic UA itinerary-coming inbound from HNL arriving EWR @ ~7:30a connecting to a UX E145 flight to BOS @ 11:15a. UA's page didn't say "terminal change" when I booked-but today I looked to add another traveller to our itinerary today and 'Terminal Change' was listed under the details. I asked before over in the UA forums that YMMV with the ERJ145's and gate/terminal assignments for the UX flights.

A few questions for you all (Assuming we will have to change terminals)

-Does the airside bus also go from terminal C to A via airside without having to reclear security? (prob a dumb question but I feel like I read somewhere that CX/UX gates c are behind a separate security )

-Do the experts here think it's better to hit the UA lounge at terminal C120 for a shower/snack etc before changing terminals or would the UA lounge in A do just as well for some comfort/relaxation/snacks coming off of a 10 hour redeye?

-anyone know what the security is like at Term A on a Sunday AM?
Old May 10, 2016, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by FBWFTW
Along the same lines-I have a fully domestic UA itinerary-coming inbound from HNL arriving EWR @ ~7:30a connecting to a UX E145 flight to BOS @ 11:15a. UA's page didn't say "terminal change" when I booked-but today I looked to add another traveller to our itinerary today and 'Terminal Change' was listed under the details. I asked before over in the UA forums that YMMV with the ERJ145's and gate/terminal assignments for the UX flights.

A few questions for you all (Assuming we will have to change terminals)

-Does the airside bus also go from terminal C to A via airside without having to reclear security? (prob a dumb question but I feel like I read somewhere that CX/UX gates c are behind a separate security )

-Do the experts here think it's better to hit the UA lounge at terminal C120 for a shower/snack etc before changing terminals or would the UA lounge in A do just as well for some comfort/relaxation/snacks coming off of a 10 hour redeye?

-anyone know what the security is like at Term A on a Sunday AM?
The shuttle is airside so no need to reclear security.

I've heard many people who prefer the A lounge as it's significantly less crowded then either C lounges
Old May 13, 2016, 7:30 am

Time to get from Concourse C1 to C3

i am arriving from Boston at the end of C1 and have to get to the end of C3 in an hour with arrival of 7PM on a Friday. The inbound flight seems to be 10-20 minutes late on average leaving me with 45 min to travel. Is the adequate to get off the plane and make the cross terminal trip?
Old May 15, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Welcome to FT!

1) 45min to get from one extreme of Terminal C to the other is certainly doable, but you'll want to get moving ASAP and step lively.
2) Depending on the destination of your connecting flight, there's every possibility your departure gate will change before Friday.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flushing to EWR, early on a Sunday

I'm having trouble figuring out the NJ Transit schedule. Is it possible to get from Flushing to EWR by either subway or LIRR (to Penn) and NJ transit (to EWR) at about 5a on a Sunday? Or any better suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: OMNI Platinum
From Flushing take the subway to WTC. From WTC take PATH to Newark Penn.. I don't know the schedule from Newark Penn to EWR, so you should look into it, or grab a cab if they are around, or Uber it.

PATH runs every 30 mins after midnight and takes 25 mins or so to get into Newark Penn.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:15 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
FWIW, I took UberX from NJ Penn to EWR a few weeks ago on a Friday night during rush hour and it was about $10.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
My transfer bus went directly from A to C air side, and never stopped in B
Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. Went straight from C to A. It was 6 am so maybe there weren't any intl dpts?

Anyways, I'll be transiting tmw (3 hr cnx) and would like to go to the PP lounge located in B landside

I assume you can ask them to stop at B right? Otherwise I guess I can slum it on the airtrain.

Update: I did not transit EWR after all. Changed to IAD and then flight went MX long story.

Last edited by sexykitten7; Jan 3, 2017 at 2:01 am Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.