FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Complete Guide to EWR - Newark Liberty International Airport [OUTDATED]
Old May 9, 2016, 9:18 pm
FBWFTW

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by joshwex90
If both flights are on UA, then you can just transfer from Terminal A to C on the airside bus and shouldn't need to re-clear security and your bags will be checked through. So you have more than 60 minutes to transfer, should be fine
Along the same lines-I have a fully domestic UA itinerary-coming inbound from HNL arriving EWR @ ~7:30a connecting to a UX E145 flight to BOS @ 11:15a. UA's page didn't say "terminal change" when I booked-but today I looked to add another traveller to our itinerary today and 'Terminal Change' was listed under the details. I asked before over in the UA forums that YMMV with the ERJ145's and gate/terminal assignments for the UX flights.

A few questions for you all (Assuming we will have to change terminals)

-Does the airside bus also go from terminal C to A via airside without having to reclear security? (prob a dumb question but I feel like I read somewhere that CX/UX gates c are behind a separate security )

-Do the experts here think it's better to hit the UA lounge at terminal C120 for a shower/snack etc before changing terminals or would the UA lounge in A do just as well for some comfort/relaxation/snacks coming off of a 10 hour redeye?

-anyone know what the security is like at Term A on a Sunday AM?