Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Complete Guide to EWR - Newark Liberty International Airport [OUTDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Does AA operate out of A1, A2, or A3? And is there PreCheck there?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:16 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Does AA operate out of A1, A2, or A3? And is there PreCheck there?
Its A3. Precheck can be open or it might not be. They have a lane but its not always open depends on what time you are flying.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
So... how long does it take to get to the AC lounge from terminal C and back (not including TSA)? I understand that I’ll have to clear security twice.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: BA
I'm new to BA Silver, which lounge is the best bet in EWR?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:11 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by julierthanjulie
I'm new to BA Silver, which lounge is the best bet in EWR?
EWR isn't very connected air side.

If you are flying AA the Admirals Club is the best lounge because its the only lounge by its gates.

If you are flying BA or CX the best lounge is the BA lounge because again you won't have any other options.

Pretty simple really.

None of them are good enough to get excited about, but compared to the terminals they are like an oasis.

My favorite lounge at EWR is the LH Senator Lounge but that's not part of OW so doesn't help much.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:07 pm

My flight to LAX in a couple weeks is leaving from ( I assume) Terminal C. I have a couple United Club one-time passes to use, and I was hoping to use one of them while here. I see here: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx, that both lounges in Terminal C are not currently accepting one-time passes. I don't know how old that information is, or if it is kept up to date. Is it still valid?

If I cannot visit either lounge in Terminal C, would I be allowed to go to the lounge in Terminal A? I'm not sure how much time I'll have, so an airside transfer would of course be preferable. When I arrive at the airport, I could go directly to Terminal A. I hope I could transfer to Temrinal C airside to maximize the time I have in the lounge.

I have't flown into or out of EWR since 2006, and that was a connection between Northwest Airlines and KLM, when EWR was a Continental Airlines hub. I have no idea what it's like now!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
The info I believe is still valid regarding one-time passes. I was last in the UC at T3 a few weeks ago and someone was turned away with a one-time pass, though I have to say, the rep was interesting - she asked if anyone minded guesting in a passenger who couldn't be admitted due to temporary construction. 3 offered.

Anyways, T1 has a lounge but it's airside. There is a shuttle bus from Terminal A to Terminal C. At A, it leaves from the UA gates (I think A28?) and C is fully accessible post security. I believe TSA will let you pass through security at .
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:30 am

Hello,

So I am landing Terminal A from Ottawa and headed to Terminal C to Portugal. I have an 1hr 36 mins connection.

I was hopping to use the Air Canada Lounge in Terminal A instead of the United Club as I heard bad news about it. Is this a good idea?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by Pilotbg
Hello,

So I am landing Terminal A from Ottawa and headed to Terminal C to Portugal. I have an 1hr 36 mins connection.

I was hopping to use the Air Canada Lounge in Terminal A instead of the United Club as I heard bad news about it. Is this a good idea?
You are going from Air Canada in "A" to UA in "C" with a ninety-six minute connection? At best, you will have to take a bus to "C". It is also possible that you will have to exit "A", take the AirSnail to "C" and go through TSA there. Very tight connection in either case
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:18 am

ah so no lounge for me then hahaha thanks thought this was plenty of time now I am concerned
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Pilotbg
Hello,

Are you making a UA --> UA connection? If yes, you don't leave airside nor should you want to. Just take the shuttle bus and use the United Club in T3 if you have any time. An AC --> UA connection is not airside and you won't have any time to visit either club.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Are you making a UA --> UA connection? If yes, you don't leave airside nor should you want to. Just take the shuttle bus and use the United Club in T3 if you have any time. An AC --> UA connection is not airside and you won't have any time to visit either club.
UA-UA so Ill take shuttle grab a bottle of water.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:25 pm

Flying Open Skies into EWR in Economy on a Wednesday in April. Flight is scheduled to arrive at 1:35PM. What are the odds of catching an Amtrak train departing from EWR at 3:05? With luck, I won't have any checked baggage.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by sushanna1
Flying Open Skies into EWR in Economy on a Wednesday in April. Flight is scheduled to arrive at 1:35PM. What are the odds of catching an Amtrak train departing from EWR at 3:05? With luck, I won't have any checked baggage.
If you have Global Entry and no luggage, then it's extremely likely you can get that Amtrak departure. If no GE, then it comes down to how long it takes to get out of Terminal B which might not be long but harder to tell.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sushanna1
Do you have a Plan B if you can't make the 3:05 pm Amtrak departure? What is your final destination? In some cases, you might find more frequent Amtrak service out of NWK, which is just a 20-minute bus ride from Terminal B on the frequent NJTransit Route 62 bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.