Wiki Posts
Search

Gasoline near BOS

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2007, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, HH, SPG Gold
Gasoline near BOS

I did a search and couldn't find this info. Can anyone recommend a good place to buy gas before returning a rental car at BOS? Mr. Sweetone needs to fill-up about 7 am tomorrow. I believe his rental is Enterprise. (I know, I know - hey the price was good. LOL) Thanks.
Old May 18, 2007, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Boston is a big city with lots of gas stations. From where will Mr. Sweetone be coming from? There is a gas station on the airport premises, but I'm not sure how to direct you to it; perhaps someone else can help.
Old May 18, 2007, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Duh, of course you need that info

Sorry it's been a long week. He's coming from Boxborough. I think he's going south on 495 to the Massachusetts Turnpike and then east to BOS. Does that sound right? I've never been there, just pulled up directions and the like for him. The Enterprise location appears to be north of the airport. The address is 220 MCCLELLAN HIGHWAY. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 18, 2007, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Found one

OK - I give up. I did my research on Google Earth and located one just off Neptune Rd. Now my dear sweet husband (grrrrr) has decided he's just going to let Enterprise charge him the extra and forget about filling up. I decided to post anyway since I did the work and located one. Maybe someone else can benefit from the info.

How long should I make him wait at the airport?
Old May 18, 2007, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Actually, about 10 miles after getting on the MassPike, your hubby will pass by a mega rest area where he can gas up the car. It's still another 15 miles to the airport, but the gauge will still register as full by the time he gets there.

Another option -- the one I would take -- is to return the car the night before and stay that night at or near the airport, rather than out in Boxboro. [But I guess it's too late for that now, eh?]
Old May 18, 2007, 8:56 pm

IIRC, The Enterprise location is off of Route 1a, near suffolk downs. That being said, there is a Hess? on the northbound side of Route 1A. If he is coming from the pike, have him follow signs for logan,but right before logan, bear left for 1A North (this is the same direction for enterprise). The Hess had the same prices as my local station (surprisingly). After he fills up, he continues NORTH until there are signs for the turnaround (1A has barriers so you can't change direction on the road). He'll swing back around and Enterprise will be on his right. Hope this helps.
Old May 19, 2007, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
IIRC, The Enterprise location is off of Route 1a, near suffolk downs. That being said, there is a Hess? on the northbound side of Route 1A. If he is coming from the pike, have him follow signs for logan,but right before logan, bear left for 1A North (this is the same direction for enterprise). The Hess had the same prices as my local station (surprisingly). After he fills up, he continues NORTH until there are signs for the turnaround (1A has barriers so you can't change direction on the road). He'll swing back around and Enterprise will be on his right. Hope this helps.
Yup. you have to drive by that Hess anyway. Fill up there. I used to drive out of my way to buy gas there because it was cheaper than most places.
Old May 19, 2007, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Blumie
Actually, about 10 miles after getting on the MassPike, your hubby will pass by a mega rest area where he can gas up the car. It's still another 15 miles to the airport, but the gauge will still register as full by the time he gets there.
I just paid $3.03 for regular this afternoon here. Was on the Pike before I noticed I needed gas (was in my wife's car) and I was just hoping I wasn't going to pay a huge premium, so $3.03 made me happy. As others ay Hess is likely cheaper.
Old May 19, 2007, 7:41 pm

I always fill up at the last rest area heading east on the Mass Pike. There is a Citgo at the airport, but they are gougers and I have a boycott because of that crazy bas!ard Hugo.
Old May 21, 2007, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djlndc
I always fill up at the last rest area heading east on the Mass Pike. There is a Citgo at the airport, but they are gougers and I have a boycott because of that crazy bas!ard Hugo.
I'm boycotting them as well. BTW, thanks for all the help. Hubby made it home safely and only slightly brain dead after a very intense week. There's a good reason why I usually go along on his trips.
Old May 21, 2007, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

On the rare occasions we fly to BOS and rent a car for Maine, we top off the gasoline when we get off Route 1 heading to 1A.
Old May 22, 2007, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by Sweetone
Sorry it's been a long week. He's coming from Boxborough. I think he's going south on 495 to the Massachusetts Turnpike and then east to BOS. Does that sound right? I've never been there, just pulled up directions and the like for him. The Enterprise location appears to be north of the airport. The address is 220 MCCLELLAN HIGHWAY. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
IIRC the Enterprise rental car is on Route 1A (aka McClellan Highway)

There's a couple gas stations on Route 1A, about 3 miles north of the airport.

On the West side of Route 1A, there's a Hampton Inn hotel, about 3 miles north of the interchange with the airport. Across the street from the Hampton Inn there's a Hess gas station.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I'm renting from National and expect to be returning from a northern 'burb so would appreciate any advice or tips on getting the rental car filled up before return. thanks much in advance.
To update: we found a Mobile and a Gulf on exit 36 really close to the airport. I *think* the interstate was 93 but sure others here know better.

Last edited by zipadee; Sep 18, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.