Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel time from Hyannis to Logan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Travel time from Hyannis to Logan

I'm traveling to Logan tomorrow from Hyannis. Family is coming later, so I'll be taking the P&B bus. My flight is at 5:00pm to Frankfurt on LH. I'm flying F and have pre-clear, but will need to check in a suitcase.

I had planned on taking the bus scheduled to arrive at Logan at 2:45pm - which gives me 2h 15min before flight time (assuming bus is on time). Traffic on route 3 can be bad, but hoping it isn't too bad on a Monday afternoon and I should hit Boston before rush hour. Am I okay with this? I could do the bus an hour earlier, but that seems excessive (gives me 3h 15min - assuming on time). I tend to be someone who would rather give more buffer than less, but I the LH desk doesn't even open until 2:00pm.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Ignore the scheduled arrival time. When does the bus leave Hyannis? Allow 2 hours to reach Logan, though it could take up to half an hour less if you're lucky, plus ten minutes to get to Terminal E (the last one). If that doesn't get you there early enough, take the earlier bus.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Efrem
Ignore the scheduled arrival time. When does the bus leave Hyannis? Allow 2 hours to reach Logan, though it could take up to half an hour less if you're lucky, plus ten minutes to get to Terminal E (the last one). If that doesn't get you there early enough, take the earlier bus.
Bus leaves Hyannis at 12:30pm. So, two hours would be 2:30pm (or 2:40pm if I add ten minutes for getting to Terminal E). Which is basically the scheduled arrival time. Sounds like I should be okay (arriving anytime by about 3:30pm is okay, I think - still 90 minutes before flight time).

Thanks for the advice.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I'd say they've allowed for at least 95th percentile bad traffic. I agree with your conclusion and would probably do the same. It's always theoretically possible for an accident to close the bridge for two hours after your bus is already on it, or something else like that, but it's impossible to allow for the absolute worst case and I wouldn't worry about it.

Enjoy your flight!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:43 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
How did it work out?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
How did it work out?
I can't say, and I'm wondering as well, but I can say with some certainty that there was nothing remotely like a once-in-a-decade traffic disaster on that route yesterday afternoon. On that basis I suspect he was fine.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Sorry, should have updated earlier.

Due to confusion, I ended up on the 11:30am bus (apparently my father forgot how to read a clock and was set to drive me to the bus an hour early and just seemed easier to go then).

We did arrive at the airport a little bit later than scheduled - a little bit of traffic (mainly the construction on route 3) and a little bit of people being slow to board at a couple of stops, but within about 15 minutes or so. They did do two separate buses - one to South Station and one to the airport, which helped buy time.

I would have been fine on the 12:30pm bus.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frontenac551
Sorry, should have updated earlier...
No need to apologize. Probably 90 percent of the people who post with requests for advice don't bother to tell us how it worked out at all. Thanks for the update!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.