Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Bar Harbor/Acadia, Portland, or Boston - Boat tour?

Old Sep 20, 18, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

We are visiting these towns late September. Planning to hit all the hot spots within and around the area I've read about on the forum and TripAdvisor. The Mrs would really enjoy a boat tour - looking for recommendations from the board - which location (and potential tour) would have the best views / experience? I found this post mentioning Bar Harbor Lulu's Lobster tour, looks a bit touristy to me (but I expect some of that!).
Looking through the TA reviews I'm expecting a group tour most likely in Bar Harbor or Portland, but if someone had a fantastic private charter or Boston experience, I'd consider it.
TA Bar Harbor Boat Tours
TA Portland Boat Tours
TA Boston Boat Tours
Old Sep 21, 18, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

With Acadia National Park, my advice is to hike. I don't do touristy boat tours or charters so others might be able to help you. Go to the top of Mt Cadillac at sunrise; bundle up. Go the quiet part of MDI (Mt Desert Island) and see Bass Harbor Light and the Seawall. Our favorite lobster place is Thurston's which is convenient to both Bass Harbor Light and the Seawall. Bar Harbor has been having endless road construction on Rt 3. Verify if it is still happening before you arrive on MDI. If so, avoid it. Consider walking around the Schoodic peninsula too. Simply gorgeous.
bvanderhaar likes this.

Search this Thread