Wiki Posts
Search

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ord_is_home
The last four Premium cars I have rented from National have had Sirius, but not activated. All I could tune in was a Sirius/XM preview channel. I've read on these boards that they either let subscriptions expire or they never even activate them. Massive FAIL, in my opinion.
Rent from Avis and pay a daily fee.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis/...vis-blast.html

The PXAR I had this weekend had Sirius activated but was new enough likely to be within the 90-day trial period.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I'm currently driving a Chrysler 300, ~10K miles and Sirius going strong. The last three or four Chargers I rented all had active Sirius. The Jeep Patriot that I rented from HOU had plain old radio.

I have had several rentals this year that had active Sat radio. I have had a few that did not have Sat radio. But, I have not had one that had Sat radio with no service.

Maybe I am just lucky.

Since my XM Sat radio is sitting in a parking lot at the airport can I switch to the new ID for the rental and then switch back when I get home? I gave a quick look at XMRadio.com and did not find anything. The XM-Sirius switch could be problematic, but an XM-XM should work. I am just listening to one at a time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.