Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:17 pm

Just saw a bunch of Sonata's, but managed to pick up a Cadillac XTS at the aisle
Old Jul 4, 2017, 4:34 pm

Some Ford Edge SEL, infiniti qx50, Buick lacrosse, and Kia minivans. Took a quick pic too
Attached Images  
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
YYC was very very bare probably due to the holiday weekend. Went today at Fri Aug 4, at about 230pm.

In the EA, there was a Hyundai Sonata, Dodge Charger, Jeep Wrangler, Mitsubishi RVR and 3 Minivans.
Aug 4: https://imgur.com/eO8Tmdg

ES had lots of mid-size SUVs.

Fri Aug 5, there were two Chevy Equinox, a Dodge Charger, Nissan Altima
Aug 5: https://imgur.com/a/3nkco
Aug 5: https://imgur.com/bnPtbqz

Last edited by SoroSuub1; Sep 6, 2017 at 9:33 pm
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:28 am

Last Tuesday, there were a whole pile of Nissan Altima's.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:29 pm

Mitsubishi Outlander spotted on Sept 6 at lunch.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
ES:
Chrysler 300(it wasn't base had some crazy rims on them lol)
Ford Edge Limited
A few large SUV's
Dodge Charger
Dodge Challenger
Audi A4
Mercedes CLA250
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I was here a few times this winter. For premier selection, they usually have Audi A4's, Q3's and some 3 series bmws etc. I've had them give this free to me once as EE, but they usually try to charge $10-$20. Maybe more for non EEs.

For ES, they have Durango, Charger, the full size ford sedan(forgot what it's called), sometimes a C300. Lots of Kia's and I've also seen a Ford Flex.

I've seen it very bare even on weekends before due to ski season. Almost impossible to find a large SUV like suburban/yukon

They mentioned new models will be coming in soon!

Last edited by SKYEG; Jan 24, 2018 at 5:22 pm
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
I was here a few times this winter. For premier selection, they usually have Audi A4's, Q3's and some 3 series bmws etc. I've had them give this free to me once as EE, but they usually try to charge $10-$20. Maybe more for non EEs.

For ES, they have Durango, Charger, the full size ford sedan(forgot what it's called), sometimes a C300. Lots of Kia's and I've also seen a Ford Flex.

I've seen it very bare even on weekends before due to ski season. Almost impossible to find a large SUV like suburban/yukon

They mentioned new models will be coming in soon!

The full size ( actual full size or what rental cars classified them?) Ford is the a Ford taurus
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:07 am

Dodge Charger GT x2
Chrysler 300
Altima, Rogue
a bunch of new Malibu's
Old May 29, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: Hertz PC
Any updates?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Decent selection if you like nicely equipped SUVs:

EA: Wrangler, Escape SEL w/ Pano moonroof, Sedona, Rogue, Impala, Jetta Wagon
ES: Flex Limited, Durango GT, Murano SL, Sorento, Pathfinder SV, Santa Fe
Upgrades were QX60 and Q5

Debated between the Murano (never seen an SL before) and the Escape and grabbed the Escape as I like the way they ride/handle and had the light colored leather interior with the huge sunroof.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:13 pm

Update? Anyone been to the aisle lately?

Has anyone used the aisle or exec area lately? Heading to BC next week and want to be sure I can get at least a decent handling SUV. I'm an EE member.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by timelors1993
Has anyone used the aisle or exec area lately? Heading to BC next week and want to be sure I can get at least a decent handling SUV. I'm an EE member.
Yea I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they typically see in the general emerald aisle here. Me and 3 friends will be coming in on Thursday, December 12 with snowboard bags and are hoping to be able to get a SUV. Are there commonly SUVs in the standard emerald aisle at YYC? I'm not an executive member, just a standard member.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:18 am

During February, what is the availability of snowflake tires on larger vehicles at YYC in the Executive Aisle? I am planning a trip to Jasper next year for four people, and it would be nice to have a larger vehicle. I currently have a full-size booked for Executive Aisle as a placeholder. The only option on the website for winter tires (snowflake?) is a midsize vehicle. Booking this would seemingly take me out of Executive Aisle access. Or is there some local knowledge regarding winter tires at YYC? Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by LightTraveller
During February, what is the availability of snowflake tires on larger vehicles at YYC in the Executive Aisle? I am planning a trip to Jasper next year for four people, and it would be nice to have a larger vehicle. I currently have a full-size booked for Executive Aisle as a placeholder. The only option on the website for winter tires (snowflake?) is a midsize vehicle. Booking this would seemingly take me out of Executive Aisle access. Or is there some local knowledge regarding winter tires at YYC? Thanks
Most places have all-season tires on their cars. I would suggest making two reservations: a midsize, so you have EE access (no reason to get fullsize unless it's cheaper), and an SUV of some sort. That way you can pretty much guarantee yourself a vehicle with 4WD or AWD.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.