Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Most places have all-season tires on their cars. I would suggest making two reservations: a midsize, so you have EE access (no reason to get fullsize unless it's cheaper), and an SUV of some sort. That way you can pretty much guarantee yourself a vehicle with 4WD or AWD.

-J.
Thanks for the thoughts, J. Due to my phone app always saying to book the fullsize for access to executive aisle, I completely blanked on the fact that midsize is the baseline for executive aisle access. Thanks for that reminder.

I ended up just booking the midsize with winter tires to increase my chances of winter tires. The route to Jasper on Icefield Parkway requires snowflake level winter tires from November through March, so I want to lessen the chance of getting to Calgary only to find I don't have a car for the route. Funny enough, the phone app (which doesn't even show the winter tire class) has updated the reservation to say proceed to the executive aisle and choose a vehicle. I will probably just call in to ask them if they hold winter tire cars in reserve or if the cars are mixed in with the executive aisle (the winter tire option is $80 more for the midsize).
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LightTraveller
Thanks for the thoughts, J. Due to my phone app always saying to book the fullsize for access to executive aisle, I completely blanked on the fact that midsize is the baseline for executive aisle access. Thanks for that reminder.

I ended up just booking the midsize with winter tires to increase my chances of winter tires. The route to Jasper on Icefield Parkway requires snowflake level winter tires from November through March, so I want to lessen the chance of getting to Calgary only to find I don't have a car for the route. Funny enough, the phone app (which doesn't even show the winter tire class) has updated the reservation to say proceed to the executive aisle and choose a vehicle. I will probably just call in to ask them if they hold winter tire cars in reserve or if the cars are mixed in with the executive aisle (the winter tire option is $80 more for the midsize).
Make sure they allow you to drive on that road. I dont know if there's any restrictions or not by rental company. However some companies place restrictions on the use of some of these roads at this time of year.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 9:21 am

Any inventory updates as of late? I need a car Aug. 26-Sept.1 and there’s a few concerning Google reviews about lack of inventory...

Maybe I’ll book a back-up with Enterprise to be safe.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 7:04 pm

I think all 3 brands would share the same inventory and hence the same problems.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I think all 3 brands would share the same inventory and hence the same problems.
Ah, okay. Avis back-up then. On the other hand, Toronto’s neighbourhood Bloor/Yonge location seems to have excellent stock.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:23 am

Any recent updates? Will be there in 3 weeks
Old Oct 14, 2020, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by jizen
Any recent updates? Will be there in 3 weeks
I was there last week picking up a vehicle on a Tuesday afternoon. There was about 3 dozen vehicles in the parking garage and most of them were standard, crappy, small to mid size crossovers. There was a bunch of Camrys and Altimas. There was one older Charger, a Jaguar F-pace (which was reserved) and a Fusion Titanium Hybrid which I took.
jizen likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
I was there last week picking up a vehicle on a Tuesday afternoon. There was about 3 dozen vehicles in the parking garage and most of them were standard, crappy, small to mid size crossovers. There was a bunch of Camrys and Altimas. There was one older Charger, a Jaguar F-pace (which was reserved) and a Fusion Titanium Hybrid which I took.
Thanks! I will report back next week.
Did you notice anything with winter tires on?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by jizen
Thanks! I will report back next week.
Did you notice anything with winter tires on?
Didn't even look for winter tires.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 5:10 pm

Oct 22 Thursday @ 11:00 AM

EA
Hyundai Kona x 5 (Most of them are brand new)

ES
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara x 3 (With working XM, all brand new)
Ford Fusion Titanium x 2
Mazda 6 (brand new)
Hyundai Kona x 1
Toyota Camry x 1
Dodge van x 1

Didn’t find premier section

Garage rep are very helpful at this location and they always direct customers to find their vehicle. Much better than YYZ
Ordpc likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 7:08 pm

Nov 2 Monday @ 10:00 AM

EA
Several Hyundai Kona
Toyota Camry

ES

Kia Sorento
Hyundai Kona
Ford Escape
Ford Fusion Titanium
Ordpc likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
12/16 around noon

Executive Aisle:
Ford Escape Titanium'
Volvo S60 R-Design T6 Polestar Engineered (I took)

Premium Selection:
Dodge Caravan with Winter Tires
Volvo XC60 T6 ($50 up charge)

Didnt see anything in the regular Aisle
but overall happy with what I got
xienon, jizen and Ordpc like this.
Old May 8, 2021, 10:59 pm

05/06 picked up at 10am

EA had a couple Wranglers, a Sonata, and I think a Rav4

ES had two Durango R/T (I took one), more wranglers, and a Cadillac XT5

PS had a Q3 and I think a Volvo

05/08 return

saw mostly the same but a few ‘21 Tahoes parked in ES and a couple minivans in EA
jizen and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:17 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
Great selection today at YYC.
ended up taking a brand new BMW 330i off the exec section, the car had a decent amount of standard features and was not your typical "stripped down luxury car" that you normally find.

xienon, jizen and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: FB Gold, National Executive
July 16 @ 10:30am

Executive: BMW 330i, Ford Escape Hybrid AWD Titanium (which I took)
Emerald: Ford Ecosport, Mazda 3, several Hyundai Konas, several Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross? (they might have been Outlanders)
jizen and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by A to Z; Jul 17, 2021 at 11:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.