Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National / HHonors ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2009, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Nat'l EE.
National / HHonors ?

At a recent Hilton check in I asked the fd about parking. The clerk asked if it was a rental and then from what company. The clerk then asked if I was getting Hilton credit for the rental. I replied no but that I would look into it. Had it not been 12 degrees outside and just wanting to get to a room I would have asked more questions. I can't find anything on either HH or National about this. Is the clerk wrong or have I been missing out all this time? I'm a HH Gold and National EE if it makes a difference.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 5:30 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I don't frequent Hilton properties - but the last time that I stayed at one (LAS), I got "extra" Hilton points for having a National rental (not even sure how they even knew about it since no charge for the self parking that I used). It's been about 3-4 years though.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 7:05 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
From the Hilton website:

National Car Rental
Earn 250 HHonors bonus points whenever you rent from National in conjunction with your qualifying stay at any HHonors hotel. Just present your National Car Rental agreement or keys when you check in at the hotel.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
This is a great benefit that almost no one (including most front desk clerks) knows about. Just have them specify "National" in the folio's "rental car" field, and the points will post automatically.

It's worth pointing out that I've never been asked for proof of my National car.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by dtremit
This is a great benefit that almost no one (including most front desk clerks) knows about. Just have them specify "National" in the folio's "rental car" field, and the points will post automatically.

It's worth pointing out that I've never been asked for proof of my National car.
Good points here. Every now and then this 250 point bonus is doubled to 500 points when there are specific promos going on with HH.

As to front desk clerk's knowledge - IME, it seems that those in the Hilton chain are somewhat aware of this oft-forgotten bonus, while those outside the Hilton chain - such as Hampton, Embassy Suites, Doubletree, etc, are virtually completely unaware of this.

As for proof - likewise, Hilton rarely asks for the actual rental contract - but since most of the other chains aren't aware of the bonus, I've found that its almost necessary to have the rental contracts at the front desk to even get the bonus applied.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 8:15 pm
gof

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
This is a new one on me. I'm checking into a Hilton tomorrow so I'll make sure I specify the rental!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 7:49 pm
Suspended

We used to be able to add the Hilton Credit on your rental agreement but MANY years ago Hilton decided They wanted to make sure you were actually staying with them before they granted the credit. They want the National renter to show the contract or the keys at the Hilton desk in order to get the HH credit.
Hilton has been a partner with National for YEARS. I've been working for National for over 11 years and Hilton was a partner before I started.

So show your contract and get your credits!
Old Feb 20, 2009, 5:34 am

Programs: SWA - A-list, AA Gold, Hilton Gold

I've been doing this for years now, and have probably "trained" 75% of the hotel staff that I come across. I tell them to go to the PROFILE screen and select National from the "Bonus Car" drop down. If they are still unsure of where that is, the drop down is right next to the "Bonus Airline" drop down.

When you get your Folio at checkout, it should have "NA" next to Bonus Car.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I have a couple of times, but it's very rare. More likely is that I have to specifically instruct the hotel staff how to do it.

I also love the hotel clerks who will say they did it, when they really didn't (usually because they didn't know what I was talking about and didn't want to admit that) and then the 250 points don't post. Then you have to go through HHonors to get it done, and usually when they add the 250 points, it screws up the rest of the points, so it requires another contact to get it all fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.